Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy USB Sim card reader?

• 11-09-2005 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where'd I'd get a USB Sim Card reader nice and cheap? I know mobilefun do them, but I've swore never to use them again after the (lack of) service I recieved before from customer service, and the quality of the product recieved.

Basically, you put your sim card into the usb reader and into your USB port. Most of them come with some sorta backup software for your sim card numbers too.

Any ideas welcomed, cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Hi mate well the only place other than the obvious i saw one was on the Aer Lingus inflight shopping magazine when flying back from hols. I remember thinking it was a handy device but didnt buy it. Think it was under Eur 20. Do you know anyone flying next few weeks???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

hmm... ME :O

Not sure if I'm going AL though...

For anyone else wondering what the device is, it's one of these: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7167.htm

But I won't order from mf.co.uk ...

Found one on expansys.ie, not as neat as the one in the photo above but it should do the job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Did you buy it?

• Advertisement

Yeh, why ?

:(
    Only found your post
    Too late
    I had one here

:( What one was it anyway ?

Very similiar to this

front.jpg

and using software similiar to this

SIM_manager.gif

Dammit, that's the kind of one I wanted too :(

How much had you been looking for it ?

• Advertisement

€20
    Its brand new, boxed with software

Hmm... bloody expansis one cost me €30. I should have it by the end of this week, if it turns out to be ****e I'll come knocking on your door :)

Advertisement