Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciarán Treacy/the Bob Dylan guy

Options
  • 11-09-2005 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

This should be interesting, seeing how many people actually know me...
    Anyhoo, I'm Ciarán, I was a n00b this year (Sess. 2, if you're interested, which you probably aren't), and did International History, where I was known for my obsession with Bob Dylan, my terrible maps for my First World War project, and my thwarting of everything Matthew said. I was in the RA group of Phil, Mr. As-long-as-I-don't-get-in-trouble himself. I've got three years left technically, but I'll probably only do the 2. Oh, and I was part of the "Who'd Win in a Fight?" conversation. As far as I can remember, my main contribution was Townshend vs. Hendrix. I've gone on long enough. Others can relate anecdotes if they so wish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Session 2 2005 n00b solidarity brother. Your name is familiar but I don't think I ever met you.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Dont forget your link to everyone's favourite RA. And your part in starting the Irish/American slang dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

w00t. Go Ciaran, Kevin the TA's brother who lives near me! Hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Mr.D.Leprachaun: I'm surprised you even heard of me. I wasn't too prominent outside of my class.
    Jack Lynch: And which RA is this? Do I want to know?
    Shiney: Cheers! I forgot to mention Kev actually. So yes, my brother is Kevin, the psychology A TA in 2005. Although chances are if you know me, you knew that already.

Oh and I forgot, I looooooove 60s and early 70s music. Bob Dylan, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Rory Gallagher, Simon and Garfunkel, Cream, The Doors, and many more. I'm also partial to Johnny Cash, the Sex Pistols, The Clash, Radiohead, Pixies, Divine Comedy, and Sinatra (who looks a bit out of place there). The lyrics in my signature are from Generation Sex, by Divine Comedy. Here's another great Divine Comedy song.
    Artist: Divine Comedy, The
    Album: Fin De Siecle
    Title: Here Comes The Flood

Here comes the flood
    Rivers of mud, baby
    Here comes the quake
    Evacuate while you still can
    Here comes the fire
    Our funeral pyre, baby
    Here comes the flood
    Here comes the blood bath

Here comes the fly
    Fifty foot high, baby
    Here comes the war
    More blood and gore
    Than you can stand
    Here comes the race
    From outer space, baby
    It's all over
    We're all gonna die

If the good lord intended me to live in l.a., he'd have given me a machine gun. still, here i am, just another little worried citizen of this modern-day pompeii waiting for the melt-down, the sh
    Wn, the great american close-down. when that fault-line that runs right through society's fabric finally snaps and the whole damn thing starts unravelling. why watch the sports channel, when you can
    watch cnn? ladies and gentlemen, the greatest race in history, the race to end all races, in fact the race to end history. in lane one:the san andreas fault. in lane two:global recession. in 3:el nino. in four:chemical war. lane five:inter-racial conflict. lane six:auto immune deficiency syndrome. on your marks. get set. wait for it ..... go!

Here comes the flood
    Rivers of blood, baby
    Here comes the bomb
    It won' t be long
    'til we're all gone
    Here comes the sun
    Run baby run, baby
    If you believe all that you read
    You'll know the end is nigh
    We're all gonna die!
    Why did I just post that? I don't really know. It's a great song.

• Advertisement

Your list of '60s and '70s bands coincides creepily with my own playlist! Queen, anyone? Rolling Stones? Cream and the Doors are seriously underated and it's good to meet other fans of theirs!

OK, my signature is changed. Now it's from Here Comes the Flood. Why didn't I just edit my earlier post, you ask? Because I like having my name on the first page. Like having it in lights, except that no-one puts names in lights anymore. Not even U2. Maybe someday the starving children of Africa will spell out "Bono", because it's easier than "Bob Geldof". Should I shut up now? I really think I should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PearofAnguish

And where would I be if you shut up all the time? Exactly, so dont say it.
    You're also known as the guy Mairead decided to embarrasses in front of his parents at the closing-ceremony...why didn't you mention that one yourself Ciaran..?

Actually, I'm only "known" for that by the people who were there, who all knew me. What happened was, I was standing there, minding my own business, talking to my poor unsuspecting parents, when Mairéad comes up and hugs me, for no apparent reason. Followed swiftly by Jessi and Cat, with Naomi watching like some kind of stalker. My parents appeared horrified (though they claim they weren't), and I know exactly how they felt. Quite frightening.

If we'd known how much it unnerved you...we'd still have done it. But it's possible some of us might've felt bad. Probably not the Pope, considering she did it again the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Desmoulins

If we'd known how much it unnerved you...we'd still have done it. But it's possible some of us might've felt bad. Probably not the Pope, considering she did it again the next day.

But then, I can't picture any of them would have felt bad....

Oh- notice how I'm posting on your thread? See? You're worth it too ;)

Yay! A haircare product slogan now applies to me!
    Well, I'm guessing Jessi enjoyed it more than she would admit at that time (as did I). Mairéad... well, she clearly didn't feel bad. And as for Cat... we may never know.
    I've just detailed my shapeless blob/horse incident in Daithí's thread, so go there to read it, and comment on it here. Simple? No. Stupid? Almost certainly. A Ciarán-like thing? Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Desmoulins

Yes, your horse thing and the badly-drawn map were quite humourous. We did laugh :D Of course, Jessi's torture, and Squee's impaling, and Kevin's KGB and my Mime-show were also competing for the most...colourful? projects. Our class were the biggest bunch of dossers ever- we were nearly all just picking things for the hell of it. Although a couple of people took it seriously...or at least more than the people presentations. Why were we allowed to do them in costume, and call it learning? :confused: Oh well, twas all for the better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Lo Ciarán! If you recall, I was both in your class and present as you disjumpered at the reunion. I must however *marge noise* as the connection between Strummer and Clapton, because Strummer's dead and can't defend himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Dude! You're Kev's little bro! Like Shiney, I too appreciate that!!! :)

Karl: What? When did I do any Strummer/Clapton connection? Why don't I remember this? And thanks for spelling my name right(Ciarán, not Ciaran. Hold Alt Gr for the second a)
    smiley_knees: Indeed, it does appear that Kevin's legacy shall forevermore be entwined with mine. But as long as it gets me posts...
    And to everyone: Jessi is in Germany for the next week. Therefore, I'm depressed and lonely. Entertain me!

*turns up in Ciarán's thread as told to in John's* Howdydoodeldandilions?

Er.....indeed.
    Now, if more people would do that, I could enslave the world, and have 6,500,000,000 people (approximately) serving drinks. How fun...

*takes a seat while we wait for the others to turn up in your thread*

YAY!! Page nummer zwei! Mesa happy! Today is also the day of Jessi's return, so mesa very happy! And added to that, I had a half-day in school. Mesa teh happy!

• Advertisement

But it's only page two because you posted to say it's page two, so one could almost-if one were being very petty, which is to say, me-that you cheated. But I doubt anyone will hold it against you. I don't.
    You could enslave the world, but there's the effort thing again. If only you still had full-power...Maybe then you'd also use words that are real words.

If you're refering to my use of "teh", blame Jen and Aonghus. They've corrupted me. And as for my use of words:
    one could almost that you cheated.
    No milk for you either.
    I actually meant to say something else, then I realised that it would make it two pages, so I celebrated that, then forgot what I was going to say. So I win. As I sometimes do.

Good day Mr. Treacy.
    I recently ran into you in town and felt the need to share my gratitude at not only your witty conversation towards myself, but also your post in my thread...
    Thank you.
    That will be all.

As you have already posted regarding meinen Bruder, who in your words "rocks". Perhaps he does. Perhaps.
    And it was unfair of me to blame Jen and Aonghus. John carries much blame as well.

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Dont forget your link to everyone's favourite RA. And your part in starting the Irish/American slang dictionary.
    I keep forgetting that dictionary. It was fun seeing the look of utter confusion on Cat's face regarding half the words we used. Although we did cheat a bit for the dictionary. I mean, "ladies of the night", "gentlemen's clubs"?

LordCran wrote:
    Perhaps he does. Perhaps.
    Salutations kids!
    Oh, but he does... Kev rocks the kazbot like it's 1924!!!
    You also entertain me greatly.. Now dance boy!

*shuffles uneasily on spot*
    I believe it's "casbah". As in "rock the casbah". -3 Clash knowledge, G.

Good evening my good man. Let us discuss a great many things! Like the shifting of dirt in digging a grave for example.

Almost 6 feet of it. Well, dirt does have to be shifted to dig a grave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement