Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

plain t-shirts

• 11-09-2005 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get completely plain t-shirts in size small or extra small?
    cheers, Eoghan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

H&M in the Dundrum shopping centre definatley have them. Try Penneys/Marks & Spencers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

accensi0n wrote:
    Anyone know where to get completely plain t-shirts in size small or extra small?
    cheers, Eoghan.

Penneys or Dunnes maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

H+M style is much better than Pennys! think they are a cent cheaper too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

cheers all.
    btw, dunnes stores size small is the same as size large by any other company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Top Shop - and they're only about €8 each too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Diesel do real tight(if that's what you're after) tshirts for around €35, and they're completely plain..though I haven't even seen them in a small they're so tight.
    Sisley do alot of fitted, plain tees, but again I don't know about the small/extra small.
    JackJones do plain tees for around €10 and I'm pretty sure they come in a small, as do Next.
    Otherwise, If you can't find a small/extra small, try going into the kids section and getting a large/extra large in any pennys,H&M etc.

Another problem you might find is the length of small/extra small tees, could end up as a belly top...but maybe that's what you're after I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Why would you spend €35 on a plain Diesel t-shirt when you could buy three or four other non brand ones for the same money?
    Idiots just throwing money away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Makaveli wrote:
    Why would you spend €35 on a plain Diesel t-shirt when you could buy three or four other non brand ones for the same money?
    Idiots just throwing money away.

I agree with you that its a waste of money spending that much on a t-shirt but its no reason to call someone an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, I think it's perfect grounds to call someone an idiot. When they can buy alternatives, which are virtually the same, for a fraction of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

No, not really. If someone want's to spend €35 on a t-shirt, while there are cheaper alternatives available, that is their choice but you've no grounds to call them an idiot for making that choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's just incredibly hard for anyone to justify spending that much on a t-shirt when it's €3.90 for an almost identical one in H&M, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

rb_ie wrote:
    No, not really. If someone want's to spend €35 on a t-shirt, while there are cheaper alternatives available, that is their choice but you've no grounds to call them an idiot for making that choice.

It's perfectly legitimate grounds to call someone an idiot. Only an idiot would decide to spend €35 on an item of clothing, when an idetical item of clothing is available for 10% of that price. Hence the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Maybe the Diesel ones are better quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Blisterman wrote:
    Maybe the Diesel ones are better quality.

They'd want to be of alot better quality to justify spending 10 times the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Well the fit varies between different brands. I couldn't find a single fitted polo top so I ordered an Abercrombie one. I would have been pleased to buy a no brand one had I found one that suited me. The thing is some styles just don't come in a good fit and good quality by no names. It just all a matter of preference.

I do find, however, that for plain tshirts H&M has the best quality. They last in the washing machine and are so cheap. I had plain Topshop tshirts and paid like €10 each for them. They all shrank into belly tops in the wash. The H&M ones were like less than half the price and are still going strong. The colours stay, the shape stays great. The fitted tops look good too and since my boyfriend(usually a medium) had to size up with fitted tops there then I'm guessing the small will be pretty small. Penney's tops won't lasy very long at all so for about the same price I would choose H&M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Johnson wrote:
    It's perfectly legitimate grounds to call someone an idiot. Only an idiot would decide to spend €35 on an item of clothing, when an idetical item of clothing is available for 10% of that price. Hence the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted"
    it's not identical.
    There may be a small logo on it... and the fact its a branded good is enough of a reason to spend more for it (for some people).

It depends what you need the t-shirt for to be honest.
    If their for under a shirt or something, go cheap as possible.
    However, if you're wearing them out, buy cheap only if you are sure of good fit and proper stitching.

Going on your point though, do you buy the cheapest milk / toilet roll / beans / jeans / cola?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

whiskeyman wrote:
    it's not identical.
    There may be a small logo on it... and the fact its a branded good is enough of a reason to spend more for it (for some people).

It depends what you need the t-shirt for to be honest.
    If their for under a shirt or something, go cheap as possible.
    However, if you're wearing them out, buy cheap only if you are sure of good fit and proper stitching.

Going on your point though, do you buy the cheapest milk / toilet roll / beans / jeans / cola?

Milk is milk. As long as it's not that UHT ****e.

There is a very noticeable difference between single and two ply toilet roll.

Don't eat beans.

My favourite jeans are a €20 pair from Dunnes Stores. Comfortable and I like how they look.

Dunnes Stores Cola is the cola du jour in my house.

I wouldn't pay an extra €30 for a small logo on a plain t-shirt. By the sounds of it the H&M ones have a good fit. If the stitching is bad you can buy 5 more. And you'll still have saved money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I must admit , i have never been one to shop in dunnes for clothes , i always have valued my appearence and the clothes i wear but lately dunnes has been knocking out some great clothes for men , and i will always po in and have a look these days ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Johnson wrote:

The difference between a Diesel one and a H&Ms one is that the Diesel is of a much higher quality cut and the material is better quality. H&Ms clothes look good untill you wash them. They then tend to lose their shape and look like ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sarge wrote:
    I must admit , i have never been one to shop in dunnes for clothes , i always have valued my appearence and the clothes i wear but lately dunnes has been knocking out some great clothes for men , and i will always po in and have a look these days ,

yeh dunnes isnt that bad lately.. they have 2 brands within their mens range "centered" and "new haven" .Centered stuff is mostly the stuff you'd find in shops like unique etc ie. up to date clothes although some of it can be horrible

Yeah some of the stuff is terrible , but there is always 1 in 10 that are worth buying and it is down to taste , my point is that dunnes has come on leaps and bounds lately and should get the credit it deserves . orla i like your sig ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

the only thing i'd warn people about dunnes tho is to always check the size on the garment itself cos most of the time there on wrong hangers.

edit: sarge, which bit?

Yeah agreed with the sizes but hey sure thats what the changing rooms are for :)

your sig i like all of it ;) but explain the numbers to me i cant concentrate long enough looking at them without looking at the picture above thme :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TeePrinter

Try www.europeanwear.com

they are a wholesaler, i buy them for printing on.

Advertisement