Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'open in tabs' subbed list?

Options
  • 11-09-2005 10:43pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would it be possible to add a function at the end of the subbed list to open all forums in tabs for us firefox, opera etc. users? It would be a nice and handy way to check all the forums on a subbed list rather than selecting them one by one.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is that even possible to script?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

An RSS feed for your subbed list would be incredibly handy... That way we can have a livemark in our Links bar and scroll wheel click it to open in tabs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Is that even possible to script?

I have no idea, but if not steveland's idea would be equally useful and certainly seems possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

<html>
    <script language="javascript">

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalXPConnect")

const windowMediatorIID = Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator
    const windowMediator = Components.classes
       ["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"].getService(windowMediatorIID)
    const topWin = windowMediator.getMostRecentWindow("navigator:browser")
    topWin.getBrowser().addTab("WEBSITE1")
    topWin.getBrowser().addTab("WEBSITE2")
    topWin.getBrowser().addTab("WEBSITE3")

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.disablePrivilege("UniversalXPConnect")
    </script>
    </html>

All you have to do is insert you own websites, and save it on your pc as .html and bookmark it.

It will ask for permission to run the first time, just set it to allow all the time and it will work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why don't you just stick them into a folder on your toolbar and right click the folder to open in tabs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

that worked a treat, giblet. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gordon wrote:
    Why don't you just stick them into a folder on your toolbar and right click the folder to open in tabs?
    ^^What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

seamus wrote:
    ^^What he said
    No topics remain "new" after the initial tab is opened. Therefore, on subsequent tabs, I can't tell what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No topics remain "new" after the initial tab is opened. Therefore, on subsequent tabs, I can't tell what I've read.
    That shouldn't usually happen, but if it does, then Giblet's script will also do the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Giblet,

You are a legend. That is going to make things a lot easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement