Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a cheap fiddle

Options
  • 11-09-2005 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭

I have a really nice violin (I play classical as well), but its worth a lot to me, it sounds beautiful and because I got it from a friends family it's pretty irreplaceable.

I've recently taken up fiddle and I'm getting to the point where I'd like to start joining in on sessions. Problem is, I'd rather not take my current fiddle to the pub with me! So, can anyone recommend to me where I can get a reasonably good fiddle for less than €500, preferably in the northern half of the country (ie. Dublin/Galway or further north) And obviously, I'd want to try before I buy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Oh, and a bow is not essential, I have a spare that will be fine once rehaired, but a case would be nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mad4trad

Hiya.I have a fiddle surplus to requirements and in or around your price range if your interested?I'd class it as an intermediate fiddle.Its all set up with case and bow.Its a copy of a stainer(german make).Its a grand fiddle perfect for playing in trad sessions.If interested i could send ya on photos.Im based in Co.Clare. Let me know.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

To be honest - going all the way from Donegal to Clare by public transport to see a fiddle is a bit much - but thanks for the offer...

Advertisement