Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.03 Patch Details Released - apparently

Options
  • 12-09-2005 12:21am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apparent details on the new patch:

BF2 patch 1.03
    Alpha - 2 Sept
    · Beta - 19 Sept
    · Final - 23 Sept
    · CQC/ECG Sub - 28 Sept
    · Release - 3 Oct
    · Wake Island [New map]
    · In a surprise move, forces of the People's Liberation Army have attacked and captured Wake Island in a bid to threaten US lines of supply. USMC forces have been short-stopped from their deployment in Manchuria to respond to this new threat. The airbase on Wake Island is the lynchpin of the Chinese air threat, however it is highly susceptible to ground attack.

Compare Feature
    · By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats. You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.

BF2 Account Tag
    · You can add a 6-character prefix to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the scoresheet, in game messages, and above your player. This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

Server Reserved Slots
    · Server admins can define a list of player BF2 account names which will reserve VIP slots on the server.

Engineer/Helicopter
    · Modified the rate at which engineer can repair a helicopter while sitting in the helicopter. It now takes longer for the engineer to repair the helicopter.

Vehicle/Control Point Capture
    · Only one person in a vehicle counts towards a control point capture. If passengers want to increase the rate of the flag change, they must disembark from the vehicle.

Vehicle/Soldier interaction
    · Improved physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not as easily killed by moving vehicles. Bring on the wing-walkers!

Auto Balance
    · Auto team balance no longer moves the commander or squad leaders to the other team.

Point Farming
    · Limits placed on ability to point farm.

Rank/Awards
    · Criteria for gaining ranks and awards has been changed.

Supply Drop
    · The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D-map icon in the world.

The release source can be found here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Engineer/Helicopter and Vehicle/Soldier interaction are the things that most annoy me. So yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

As long as Spec Ops get some kinda points for blowing up commander assets ill be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Favorites/History· There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.

Left out the most important bit. This has been pissing me off since release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

R0ot wrote:
    As long as Spec Ops get some kinda points for blowing up commander assets ill be happy :D

Exactly, but I predict huge amounts of point whores going for this option.
    Rest of the stuff is stuff that should have been sorted in the first place so im not overly excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

patch notes are faked, peiced together from dev chats. there is no set release date yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Keyzer wrote:
    Exactly, but I predict huge amounts of point whores going for this option.
    Rest of the stuff is stuff that should have been sorted in the first place so im not overly excited.

One of my best ever rounds was one in which I spent the entire round defending the assets and repairing them when I was too slow . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

I hope u can also see whose in ure vehicle with u. would make it alot easier.

Nex

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

jaggeh wrote:
    patch notes are faked, peiced together from dev chats. there is no set release date yet.
    And how do you know this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

cos he's jaggeh!

i'd quite like an action cam replay when you get killed, starting from whoever killed you, and ending with a good shot of you dying.

it drives me nuts sometimes when someone takes you out and you have no idea how or why you're dead. especially at a spawn point when you repeatedly get murdered.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

are u serious..an action replay cam??
    this is the biggest load of bull**** i've heard...just adding this wipes out the sniper and spec ops class..what's the point of finding a nice hiding place...lining up your m24 on an enemy's head and pulling the trigger..then having the guy replay the cam to see where the sniper is...horsehit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If your commander is any good he should be able to find the sniper easily enough, and if he's better still he'll drop a load of artillery on his head :)

Airblazer wrote:
    are u serious..an action replay cam??
    this is the biggest load of bull**** i've heard...just adding this wipes out the sniper and spec ops class..what's the point of finding a nice hiding place...lining up your m24 on an enemy's head and pulling the trigger..then having the guy replay the cam to see where the sniper is...horsehit
    Why is this crap ? Bf 1942 has this feature and it could be enabled server side.When you die the camera chases back to the location of the person who killed you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DannyD wrote:
    Why is this crap ? Bf 1942 has this feature and it could be enabled server side.When you die the camera chases back to the location of the person who killed you.

And it sucked in that game too when turned on.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    And it sucked in that game too when turned on.

kdjac
    Negative.Sniping for a game is what sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

DannyD wrote:
    Negative.Sniping for a game is what sucks.

Nono... making the game too easy for noobs sucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

ah the good old, i hate snipers, they suck, never ending battle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

personal don`t like the idea, as even if you`re not a sniper say playing spec ops get a good position it would give it away. it would work against defenders as well giving away they`re defend positions when they defend a flag :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

-Al- wrote:
    ah the good old, i hate snipers, they suck, never ending battle

Hehe.

You will find that the players that can adapt to most situations
    (such as multiple snipers, spawn camping, friendly mines) complain
    the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

personally i like the idea of it, i always liked it in COD as it gave you a chance to see what mistake you made

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Even if they'd just replay teamkills it would be cool - that might give muppets a chance to think 'Oh, so I did run out in front of her tank - maybe I shouldn't punish'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

or maybe it would auto punish the fool that runs into his own artillery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

now that's a plan!

why do people run into artillery fire? it's not like it's not obvious, what with the big announcement and flashing symbol on the mini-map.

that said, that plastic SAS guy was on the telly last night telling people how not to get killed, and there was some fireman on there saying how he was fighting the fire at kings cross station, and people were just walking onto the escalator towards the smoke and flames for no apparent reason.

"evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet, from Spaceballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

vibe666 wrote:
    now that's a plan!

why do people run into artillery fire? it's not like it's not obvious, what with the big announcement and flashing symbol on the mini-map.

And then they punish!!
    Was commander a few days ago doing a reasonable job too, repairing damaged infrastructure, defending base and still finding time to ceaselessly pound the enemy with artillery. Time and again the same tools would run into the barrage, get killed and then punish for the TK even though 9/10 times I would choose a target with no friendlys nearby. GRRR

PS. We still won both rounds I was in charge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Snipers aren't really annoying in BF2. For one, no matter how well you aim, the sniper bullet will not hit them. Not only that but it takes at least two hits to kill them anyway.

I had a lovely artillery nightmare just yesterday. Ordered a strike on enemy flag, friendly black hawk wanders in, I see it, repeatidly warn the pilot "Artillery your area, artillery your area", about ten seconds later the chopper blows and all five crew killed. Three punished.

Jackasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

We turned off punishtk :)

Seems like a good idea - I had this fool last night on Sharqi Peninsula who laid mines across the road between the first flag and second flag - just through the archway. So as I was attempting to turn my tank around to go the other way, ( and he did see me, because we had a discussion about his mines) he ran over to the tank as it was turning - and punished me for the tk.

He actually wasn't able to put two and three together - I laid the mines so the tank HAD to turn to avoid them, I ran up to the tank while it was turning - I hate stupid people.

Sorry - I just had to get that off my chest. GrrrrRRRRRRAAAAARRRR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i have contacts, i read other forums, i submit news to games sites sometimes so i do know what im talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭kirving

What I'd like in the game is, when u look at the map, the players names can be toggeled on and off, this would make it a lot easier for a commander to see player locations, and help them out, i know the person flashes in the minimap but i'd also like the names beside the players.

jaggeh wrote:
    i have contacts, i read other forums, i submit news to games sites sometimes so i do know what im talking about.

So do I, and this was all stated by EA back in August anyway. But I'm not dismissing you, I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jaggeh wrote:

They lie it was confirmed to the BFteam, one of them leaked it to the above site.

kdjac

Advertisement