Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ODBC library for C?

Options
  • 12-09-2005 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a free ODBC C library I can download? I need to do a little cruddy-old-unmaintained software to database project.

While we're here, does anyone know a good central repository of C resources? like cpan for C?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Check out SQLite. Afaik its written in C, so you should have no problem integrating it. Its a damn findy databasing app. Used it myself in a recent project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Does that need a DLL installed on the client in addition to my app? I dunno if I can do that :/

I just looked it up and can't find any headers or documentation for actually using its API... Am I missing the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Are you writing a cruddy old app to network with an existing database? Or are you writing a cruddy old app which needs a database? I thought you meant option 2, and i was suggesting you could use SQLite as your databasing program.

SQLite is a database engine. Maybe that ain't what you're looking for. Are you looking for a library of some sort that allows easy access to connect to an OBDC connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I assume you're using Windows. Then your first step is to download the MDAC SDK, in amongst .
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/downloads/default.aspx

There is a sample c program and the same docs that you can find on the MSDN site regarding odbc.

Advertisement