Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband issue(+)

• 12-09-2005 6:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm currently on IBB Ripwave (NEVER THINK OF GETTING ONE OF THIS), cant do sh**. Connection very unstable, pings are 150-400, disconnect usually every hour and half when lease expires.

Now thinking of getting breeze, but after reading all treads about IBB on this forum kinda scared...

In my house (sharing with mates) 2 of em got Breeze 1mb each, one guy has pings from 70-150, 2nd have pings 7-70. I was pinging www.boards.ie, www.jolt.co.uk and www.google.ie the funny thing is their Receivers are located on one stand. Thats really strange. Tho one of guys have problem with connectoon other is "flying" decided to upgrade to 2mb breeze and share with on em or take another 1mb for my own use.

about me: hardcore gamer, pings higher than 50 is killing me. (cs, cs-s, warcraft etc) pure on-line where ping ownz.

Now here comes the question: should I take my own 1mb Breeze or upgrade to 2mb and share? But issue is 2of em is crazy a$$ downloaders, eMule, bit torrent all that stuff they are on for 24/7.

I know if am gonna share, this progz gonna eat up entire bandwidth. Going to share using Router, is it possable so each of us gonna have FIXED 1mb/1mb connection. (since its 2mb download stream and 2mb upload stream)

Also i have looked on other bb providers, actually there is a lot of em, but i cant have dsl dont wanna pay re-connection fee on phone line.

Can you recommend me which bb is best for gaming (except DSL, dont have phone line).

Thank you for your attention, and dying to get answerrs...
    p.s. ripwave killing me,,, help me :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

2MB Breeze is fine for sharing, assuming its working as it should. A few mates of mine play online and people browsing on the connection at the same time does not cause any ping spikes.. They are in Dundalk and get pings of around 40ms to the IOA server. I am in Dublin and my ping is 20ms..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

You have ripwave & its sh1t....In case you have not read any other posts on this forum I'll let you into a secret....Breeze is sh1t as well.....IBB are ****...full stop!!!!
    Have a browse through the whole BB forum........
    At this rate we will need a IBB are crap sub forum.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kill4bite

applied for 2mb breeze, gonna share with mate. Now trying to figure out how to limit his and mine bandwidth, so each of us gonna have fixed 1mb/1mb connection.

Any ideas? Got router. specific details i will post later, when i will be home.

p.s. yeah kinda scared of IBB after all threads i have read. but i dont have any other choice, tbh ripwave, what could be worst? :)

btw i live in dolphins barn, its near national stadium in dublin. On Luas its "Rialto" stop 2min by walking from stop. Heard some MSOT is very near my place. But it is rumors i have been told...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

kill4bite wrote:
    applied for 2mb breeze, gonna share with mate. Now trying to figure out how to limit his and mine bandwidth, so each of us gonna have fixed 1mb/1mb connection.

Any ideas? Got router. specific details i will post later, when i will be home.

p.s. yeah kinda scared of IBB after all threads i have read. but i dont have any other choice, tbh ripwave, what could be worst? :)

btw i live in dolphins barn, its near national stadium in dublin. On Luas its "Rialto" stop 2min by walking from stop. Heard some MSOT is very near my place. But it is rumors i have been told...

Wait and see what type of connection you get first before making any big plans!!!

Lynksys routers can manage traffic the way you want(I think).

Advertisement