Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Almera wheel bearing

Options
  • 12-09-2005 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Can anybody give me a guesstimate of how much a wheel bearing replacement for the last model almera (95-00) might cost at a main dealer? Would I save a bunch buying spurious and paying a mechanic?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Your better off buying the parts and getting a mechanic to do.

I got the wheel bearing done on an old clio, 50e for the bearing and 40e for the mechanic. Get them to check to joints as well as the the joint on the wheel that had the bearing changed was on its last legs and the mechanic said i was very lucky to be alive as if it off broken the wheel would have came off the i would have probably landed in the ditch...again...Crashed my first clio...into a ditch.

Advertisement