Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry

Options
  • 12-09-2005 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

:confused: hey guys anytime i try and play this the graphics are messed up with like black sqaures and the floors and that. i have nvidia g force 6680 grpahics and i have an alienware 7700 does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

artifacts? are you overclocking your graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

No mate i have changed everything even too low graphics and its the exact same. it looks like a great game but i cant play it like that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

what about updating your graphics card drivers, or check to see if there are any game patches? Alternatively see if there is any mention of similar problems on Far Cry's forums. These are only general considerations - I don't know of a specific reason why this would be happening - but those are the things I'd check.

cheers mate ill have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This problem happens very, very often with the 6600 and 6800. Some guy onthe computers forum has big thread ont it and some solutions.

• Advertisement

have u got a link to that mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

blahblah06 wrote:
    :confused: hey guys anytime i try and play this the graphics are messed up with like black sqaures and the floors and that. i have nvidia g force 6680 grpahics and i have an alienware 7700 does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this :(

Yeah, i had this problem too, i think you need to install a patch to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

not sure where I read it but seem to remember news of a patch being released by Ubisoft to improve performance for nividia cards, as was suggested I'd check their website for game patches.

Last year when I first got the game I had the same type of problems as I was using a nividia card, to be fair though the card was an FX5600 so never had a chance of playing with bells & whistles, mind you I seem to recall being able to play alright, at least the outdoor levels on low settings, indoor was another story and what prompted me in the end to sell the machine and build my own!

And you're right, it is a fantastic game, really pushed the boundaries, hope you get it working alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

i believe the far cry 1.3 patch is designed for nvidia cards in mind... runs like a dream on my 6800

Lazy have u got a link to that. i aint that good with comps mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

cheers guys. do i just click that and install it ye. i owe ya one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

blahblah06 wrote:
    cheers guys. do i just click that and install it ye. i owe ya one

if it's anything like the previous patches you'll download an exe file, just double click it after you download and it'll bring you to a setup screen. Unless you installed the original game to a different location other than the default, you just install the patch to the default location, i.e C:\Program Files\Ubisoft(I think)\Far Cry\ . Sorry in work so can't check for sure but you get the idea :p

Advertisement