Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site critique

Options
  • 12-09-2005 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been helping one of the societies in college with the design of their new site and would like some feedback. http://filmmakers.csc.tcd.ie. It is still under development so there are broken links etc, but in terms of design and usability. I haven't seen it yet on mac or linux so comments there are very welcome.
    Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Very nice, I really like that. Looks great on Mac firefox with a small screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Looks good .. nice and clean .. well done! .. The only UI thing is that the current/navigation side bars/boxes extend a small bit beyond the main title box, which is a small bit funny looking. Also the copyright character you're using doesn't validate, or display in Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

For copyright, use the character: ©

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

good clean design, great job.

If I had to find something I didn't like it's the header nav bar.

I feel that you should either reduce the whitespace above the nav elements and logo or pop something in there, maybe an image or something. But thats just my personal opinion. There's nothing actually wrong with whats there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Nice and clean, I like it a lot.

Looking at it with Firefox and Konqueror in KDE (linux). Seems to work fine in both, although Konq gives the 'Current. . .' and 'Browse the site. . .' headings a drop-shadow while Firefox doesn't. Looks grand either way tbh.

misterq wrote:
    I feel that you should either reduce the whitespace above the nav elements and logo or pop something in there.

I agree with that. I'd try reducing the height ot the contiaining top bar (with logo and menu), and maybe reducing the whitespace directly beneath it too.

Although in saying that, it could just mess up a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Very nice site. I like how its nice and plain yet it stands out. Nice use of white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

Thanks for the comments. I'll bulk up the nav bar as suggested. :)

Advertisement