Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 1st day back in UCD

Options
  • 12-09-2005 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

So how is it? Any surprises, disasters, people you were unfortunate to meet etc.?

Well it's being painful for me.I went in to 1st year Economics lecture at 9.... fell asleep. Went to 1st year Italian lecture at 10..... snooze. 2nd year Goegraphy lecture at 11..... sh!te and here I am now doing f**k all again just like last year.

May make a trip to the bar soon so hopefully I'll have some legendary Zane drunken antics to talk about...... don't bet on it though, I'm getting to old for this college thing! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

zane meet you in the studen tbar at two?? if you're around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tribulus wrote:
    zane meet you in the studen tbar at two?? if you're around

Ah got a lecture! :mad: Might be there before 2 and might be there after 3.

Saw Poncho this morning.... golly is he bigger and scruffyer than ever! :eek:

So what sciency antics have you got up to today SBoy? Stalking Mr.H and Poncho yet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

give us a ring if you're going at 3

Only have one lecture today at 1 :) came in early for the gym *awaits zane's cheeky remarks*
    haven't seen either of those two they can come to me if they need help....he he i feel so powerful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I just went to my first lecture back (COMP2006: Databases). Some weird little Italian woman teaching it... stopped taking notes about half way through and decided to just download them. :)
    Doesn't look too bad so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

stopped taking notes about half way through and decided to just download them. :)

you mean u made it as far as 2nd yr and still haven't realised that all comp lectures have their notes online??? ;-) :p

Yea I remember transferring from eng to comp sci and enjoying not having to take notes in lectures anymore. :-)

Course back then printing was free if u provide your own paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

The first thing i did today was go to the wrong lecture...I couldn't figure out if it was honours or ordinary maths, and i was sitting too close to the front to just get up and leave 15 mins into it. a good start anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Bar time now!

Loadsa people form various years repeating various things so if i manage to actually get into 3rd year i won't be alone!
    God bless other losers like me!

BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Came in for an hour but the fecking lecturer was closed, gonna head back into the bar now after lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

irlrobins wrote:
    you mean u made it as far as 2nd yr and still haven't realised that all comp lectures have their notes online??? ;-) :p

Well it *is* 3 years since I was doing first year CS! And back then we still *sometimes* took our own notes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm just in now - decided to wander in and see what was going on. Good few people still around, and seems to be a nice crowd at the forum..I mean "centre" bar! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'm drunk, was im thebar and got boloocksed far too quickly for my liiking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Red Alert wrote:
    i'm drunk, was im thebar and got boloocksed far too quickly for my liiking.

really? cos I couldn't even tell from that message :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had a miserable day. Didn't have a conversation with anybody.

I really feel like I don't belong here.

I'm feeling really low. :(

you a first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

irlrobins wrote:
    you a first year?

No, 2nd year.

well first few days are a bit mad and hectic. Loads of people milling about etc. I'm sure u'll bump into people you know from 1st year over next few days or so. Why not try and arrange to meet some of them for lunch? Or drinks in bar after lectures.

Don't be shy! A lil effort is required on your part. ;-)

And next week the socs and clubs will be signing up. Great places to meet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

SU bar was way too packed aroun 3/4, Centre wasnt bad, but we had all the Sports people in. Fosters 3 euro RAN OUT... sucks but i got drunk....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Hey MNG, if that ever happens again, attack randomers (with frendliness, not lethal weapons or anything).

I'm always around the place, I'm part of the furniture (sorta) so if you're bored, I know how to talk...

Wow, me write english good!

By the way - anyone else finding any of the departments particularly unhelpful?

Had nothing all day, was in at 8.30 and I'm still here, having been to the bar - I need a tent, all this staying awake is NOT working for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

^^ jeebus girl, what you been up to all day?

Blush_01 wrote:
    was in at 8.30 and I'm still here

Go home!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

yeah... i was in college since 9 and im only home... ffs... sleep shower sex... 3 S's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I had such a great day, went to two lectures which were only slightly boring, philsoc managed to host a coffee morning which was ridiculously sucessful for something thrown together on the first day and many freshers showed up despite the fact that they really didn't seem to be listening when I lecture addressed them, got through 40 fags outside the arts block chatting to all the smokers, saw pretty much everyone I'd really missed over the summer as well as meeting a few new people, and wrapped it all up by getting pissed outside the center club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You're lucky :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

Went in, met a doctor schoolmate, met a masters workmate, met a friend of a friend, borrowed her (D4) friends and sat on the grass for a couple of hours, got burnt.

Went to classes, met workmate, got free stuff from SU tent and went home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Since I haven't passed/failed exams I'm in Limbo, so I didn't really need to come in yesterday. But my mate is startin' 1st yr, so I decided to tag along and keep him company in his Monday lectures.

And my god, are they just as boring as I remember them.

Now, granted, the History one was kinda interestin (which is odd, given that I did that exact Medieval Europe boll*cks course 2 years ago and found it stultifying), but Psychology bored me (and my mate) so much that he lost the will to carry on with the day, and didn't bother to go to his last lecture!! :D

So we just went to Moda and chilled. Much better than stupid packed, stuffy UCD. I f**kin hate this place, man.

tribulus wrote:
    give us a ring if you're going at 3

Only have one lecture today at 1 :) came in early for the gym *awaits zane's cheeky remarks*
    haven't seen either of those two they can come to me if they need help....he he i feel so powerful :D

Sorry trib.... didn't see that post of your's til now.

Ah crap day as per usual. Had lunch with friends WOW, went to a lecture WOW and went home WOW. Only funny thing was when i was in my 2nd year info studies lecture and the girl beside me goes ''why does this say 2nd year?'' I say ''because this is 2nd year info studies'' :rolleyes: and the poor thing bails out! Ah bless but i think sending 1st years to 2nd year lectures at this stage is a tad bit unfair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Only funny thing was when i was in my 2nd year info studies lecture and the girl beside me goes ''why does this say 2nd year?'' I say ''because this is 2nd year info studies'' :rolleyes: and the poor thing bails out! Ah bless but i think sending 1st years to 2nd year lectures at this stage is a tad bit unfair!
    Lol, priceless. :D

Oh, before I forget (like I would), I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!
    Ooh yeah! Who da man? WHO DA MAN!?!?

Ahem.

I rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well done seb and kittenkiller-u are now both outed as secret swots-guess what im one to cos i passed as well!!yayayayayay!havent been back into belfield yet only the terrace!Am v.proud of meself cos didnt make it in to my first lectures today or yesterday cos hungover-great start to the term-model student!and mr nice guy if u feel left out u should defo come to the boards beers on fri i can garuntee you;ll feel one of the gang within a second!

FAO Zane, I repeated a year in college and it actually was very very worthwhile, thou expensive. You're in the situation where the money doesn't really matter, because you'll have to pay for you're next in college nayway unless you're thinking of dropping the whole college buzz. Hmm you sound disillusioned with the whole Arts thing, and the whole UCD thing, I can't tell you how to fix that. But my advice to anyone that isn't good at making friends is to just join socities and sports clubs and get involved with stuff like that. I think all of my best mates in college i know thru a club or society and not from the course.

Today I was feeling the way I did most days last year, feeling isolated and disillusioned and even my few friends are giving me the ''hint hint f**k off we don't want you around'' treatment after only 2 days. This place is depressing me again and honestly no matter how many clubs/socs I'll join I don't believe I'll ever fit into this place.

• Advertisement

Tribulus - be nicer to Zane from now on.

Apart from when trib tries against my will to feed me some of his dodgy homemade protien bars he's quite a good guy actually........ but the whole feeding rats ecstacy tablets does let him down tho'! :D

Advertisement