Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS List question

Options
  • 12-09-2005 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a list on a web page, and I added

#content li{
    display:inline;
    }

to the stylesheet, so that it will display the same in IE and Firefox. Without that, the list items in Firefox have a line break between them, while in IE there is no line break (The way it looks in IE is also the way I want it to look in Firefox).

However, when I use display:inline; it removes the 'disc' from before the list item. I tried adding in list-style-type:disc; to both the li style and the ul style, but it didn't work.

Does anyone know how I get the disc back, but keep the display:inline properties?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Can you post a link to the page in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Can you post a link to the page in question

No sorry, I don't have it hosted yet and the data is being pulled from a database that I only have setup locally.

Basically, I want to be able to control the line spacing between items in a list so that it will look the same in IE and Firefox, and I want to be able to keep the list format. I'll see if I can find an example to show you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Even a screenshot of the page in Mozilla and IE would help

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you got

margin: 0;
    padding: 0;

for the list?

/oh I think I got the wrong end of the stick.
    does this code not work

list-style-type: disc;

or if you have a disc gif try

list-style: disc url(bullet.gif) inside;

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭P&L

try:
    display:block;float:left

instead

otherwise strip the code of its non-essentails and post it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

P&L wrote:
    try:
    display:block;float:left

instead

otherwise strip the code of its non-essentails and post it?

I think I'm ok, thanks. FCKEditor is being used to add in the data, so I think it's more to do with FCKEditor than the lists themselves, I'll check the code for that

Advertisement