Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outfit for 21st! Need suggestions!

• 12-09-2005 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

It's my friend's bro's 21st in 2 weeks and I need an outfit! I'm 15/f. We're going to a local club and I have no idea what to wear!
    Any ideas at all will help a lot!

Thanks, marshmallow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

something short that will get u past bouncers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

My friend's dad is renting out the place so getting in shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You could go for fitted jeans and a nice sparkly top. Sequins are really in at the moment and they've some lovely tops in the stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Black skirt, black top, black boots, dye hair black with lots of black make-up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

lol, yeah sangre is on to something there. Sounds great.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote:
    You could go for fitted jeans and a nice sparkly top. Sequins are really in at the moment and they've some lovely tops in the stores.

Thanks but I always wear fitted jeans and I'm not much into sparkly clothes!
    I want to wear either a skirt or dress, any other ideas??

Sangre wrote:
    Black skirt, black top, black boots, dye hair black with lots of black make-up!

You're a genius! That sounds perfect! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Well, what do you look like, that can make a difference to the colours.

Thanks Shrimp, you're trying to be helpful. Larianne was too though!

I'm 5'6, blue eyes, brunette, fair skin. Do I need to put up measurements?? Hardly..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

hmmm...well with your colouring (im thinkin if you are similar to me....) id say maybe black might be a bit harsh against yoiur face. What you could do is find a nice plain-ish black top and skirt (whatever length your comfortable with) and then jazz it up with some accessories. There is lots of silver in the shops now so maybe a thin sparkly scarf-thingy, dangly earring, lots of bracelets and a pair of black/silver high strappies...then you are pretty much dressed to go anywhere and it all can be recycled (in the fashion sense!)

yay or nay?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Do I need to put up measurements?? Hardly..!

No.

I agree with Larianne's suggestion.
    HalleBob do nice sparkly tops, sevens jeans are nice and fitted(come in dark and light wash).

Hmmm.. It's not my friend's party so I don't wanna bring attention to myself if ya get me. I prefer kinda plainish clothes, nothing fussy, and some bright accessories to add colour maybe..

Hey gurlfreend! It doesn't matter if you don't even know whose party it is, like, you should totally always be the centre of the fashion attention.

*clicks fingers*

You go girl!

There are trends to be set, mmmhmmm!!

I don't think you should go all black. There's alot of cropped trousers out there that are lovely if you wore with heels. And either get a god damn sparkly top (they are so pretty!!) or get a plain coloured top and accessorise with loadsa coloured beads. green or oranges would be nice.

Or there's some nice wrap dresses in Vero Moda I saw a girl wear the other day/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Whats anyone that recommends black, black, black and more black doing on a Fashion and Appearance board?!

Some black maybe....mostly black, no, all black, nasty. Nothing fashionable about Goths, there, I said it.

*felt like an argument*

dar83 wrote:
    Whats anyone that recommends black, black, black and more black doing on a Fashion and Appearance board?!

Some black maybe....mostly black, no, all black, nasty. Nothing fashionable about Goths, there, I said it.

*felt like an argument*

That Goth look is very in at the moment. Gothic and Victorian.... but with all fashion trends you're better just taking certain aspects of the fashion and making it into your own. Otherwise you're gonna end up like Mortica... But some people like that look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

dar83 wrote:

*felt like an argument*

Yeah I've wondered that myself, and there is PLENTY of them on here (you know who you are) :eek:

dar83 wrote:

*felt like an argument*
    Thats because you don't get what Goths stand for and what they're fighting against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Sangre wrote:
    Thats because you don't get what Goths stand for and what they're fighting against.

apart from parents who won't let them go out the door dressed like wednesday adams and a world full of people who think they're just really really funny???

Sangre wrote:

Haha, I think I have a pretty good idea actually, but I still find it quite funny. :)

The best part is the lets not conform, lets be individual, and they all end up looking the bloody same anyway. :rolleyes:

But, whatever floats your boat....

• Advertisement

Pfft, you obviously don't have the mental depth or capacity to grasp what Goths do. They push boundaries and break down barriers through individualism and expression. If you ever stopped by one of the meetings at Central Bank you'd get this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

FOR THE RECORD people... I am not (and am NOWHERE near a goth...really!!)

Black is just such a good colour to wear out as you always look dressed, its usually quite flattering (a good cut ob!) and it can be mixed with other brighter stuff....

Again, I AM NOT a goth.

thank you

:)

(please dont start arguing over a misunderstanding...)

Sangre wrote:
    Pfft, you obviously don't have the mental depth or capacity to grasp what Goths do. They push boundaries and break down barriers through individualism and expression. If you ever stopped by one of the meetings at Central Bank you'd get this!

Yeah, you tell yourself that, if it makes you feel better. I like the attack on my intelligence as well, I hope that makes you feel like you're somewhat superior and worthwhile. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm not a goth! I really need more suggestions please!! I'm having a look around town tomorrow.

Yeah, slightly off topic there guys. Ya should take the discussion to AH and you'll get a lot more replies!

Don't like any the suggestions already?? DO you have anything in mind at all??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sangre wrote:
    Hey gurlfreend! It doesn't matter if you don't even know whose party it is, like, you should totally always be the centre of the fashion attention.

*clicks fingers*

You go girl!

There are trends to be set, mmmhmmm!!

genius

Advertisement