Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuke ship?

Options
  • 12-09-2005 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the grey ship docked in town? As I was driving past I thought I saw a black radiation symbol painted on the side... can anyone confirm this?

It wasn't a massive ship, was grey in colour with red decking. Instead of a cargo hold it was covered in what looked like a very large plumbing system (don't shoot me; I couldn't describe it any other way). Loads of pipes and valves...and the like....

In saying all that, I could have been mistaken.... but I'm pretty sure... It came in on Friday afternoon, about 4:30pm roughly).

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It wasn't the dredger was it ? Its grey with some red fluorescent paint and is a masss of piping.Very lowslung.

see http://homepage.eircom.net/~mhanlon/Shipping_In_Ireland/Cork_Harbour/body_cork_harbour.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

Sounds like the one. hmmmm.... I'll head into town later and see if it's around. Might get a shot of the mystery symbol...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

It was a foreign navy ship of some sort...only reason I know is that town was crawling with uniforms - could'nt recognise the country though as I didn't get close enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

There was a German Navy ship docked as well. I'd say they were the German Navy Choir. It was advertised on a poster outside the gates to the docks. They were singing on pana on Friday, and Mahon Point on Saturday. AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Forgot about that ! - good spot, the German Navy Brass Band Marinemusikkorps Ostee were in town for Cork 2005

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Andip wrote:
    Forgot about that ! - good spot, the German Navy Brass Band Marinemusikkorps Ostee were in town for Cork 2005

I heard them in Mahon Point - great "big" sound but the music was a bit stuck in the 70's/80's Musicals (except for the Titanic). I hought they would have played a greater selection of martial or even German tunes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No way. That could not happen. Cork is a nukular free zone - did you not see that sign at the city limits?

Advertisement