Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mid - Late 90's Mazda 323 , opinions?

Options
  • 12-09-2005 1:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got experience or opinions on 95-99 Mazda 323's?

A car to buy, or a car to avoid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I drive a 94 Familia, which is solid as a rock. Never given a minutes trouble and still drives as well as the day I got it.

Unless they got drastically worse over the next few years, id recommend. Someone more into cars might be better placed to comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

I had a '95 323F for 4 years with no trouble at all. Also a friend in the import trade always raved on about how trouble free mazdas were.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

I think Mazads are generally very reliable... but if something does go the parts might be more expensive than average.

i.e. an exhaust section on a Fiesta is €150 and on the mazda it's €250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Mate of mine had a 95 one and he often had to get work done on it. In 2001 he needed new CV joints which were quite pricey. Apart from that it was a lovely car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

One of my CV Joints went also but I've no idea on the fix price because I traded it in with the problem still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

have a 95 323F....only thing to go wrong were CV joints and the plastic runner inside the electric arial...apart from that she's rock solid..upto 110,000 now

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Hi spockety

Bought a 98' Mazda 323 about 3 months ago.

When I start the car cold, a fair amount of blue smoke comes out of the exaust. ( from burning oil)

Keep checking the oil levels but it is not using oil any faster than previous cars.

Ran this be the local garage man and he says this can be quite commen among mazdas, and not to be worried about. There is a mixture that can be mixed with the oil to reduce the smoke (cant think of the name right now).

Other than that it is running like a dream - really comfy to drive & very solid on the road.

Would def. recommend one

Advertisement