Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI smart save

Options
  • 12-09-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i am thinking of signing up for this saving account. does anybody have one and what do they think of it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

I don't know much about BOI Smart Save but if you are only looking for a savings account (and not an account that will help you get a loan or whatever) there really is little point going for one outside of Rabo or Northern Rock at the moment since they have by far the best rates. Unless you are really worried ECB guideline interest rates might drop in the future, if so I reckon that something like An Post's Saving Certs and Bonds would be a good idea since they are tax free and state guaranteed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

One of BOI's horrendously eager investment advisors tried to railroad me into one of these a while back. I think the rate was something like 1.25 or 1.5% at the time, and she told me it was the best on the market. It wasn't anywhere near the best on the market. The rates could be better now but I ver much doubt they'll compete with Rabo or Northern Rock. Mainstream Irish banks don't really understand the concept of competition.

adam

Advertisement