Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fitting stereo to 00 bravo

• 12-09-2005 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

i bought a bravo over the weekend and am picking it up 2moro,
    the only thing is the dealership said that you cant switch the stock radio but i would have thought that was wrong.

is this piece of dashboard needed or is it just a simple straight swap?
    radio trim

or maybe an easier question is: has anyone bought a '00 bravo with a cassette player in it and swapped it out for an aftermarket one?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

this ones has a cable with it as well

radio trim with cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

What do Dealers know seriously.

They say one thing you say the opposite back to them.

Like they charge extra when buying a 2nd car that has a sun roof. I say: nice one, another leak to keep an eye on. They say it got alloys i say great: more puctures. LOL only messing.

You have hit the nail on the head. You cant do a straight swap you need that adapter thingy that you have attached to the post. Worth shopping around for these as they seem to be different prices everywhere.

Try www.incarexpress.co.uk or is it www.caraudio.ie its one or the other i think they supply them as well. Good prices these guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Hey, had a look and yeah they have them for 7 pounds. UK site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

i bought a bravo over the weekend and am picking it up 2moro,
    the only thing is the dealership said that you cant switch the stock radio but i would have thought that was wrong.

is this piece of dashboard needed or is it just a simple straight swap?
    radio trim

or maybe an easier question is: has anyone bought a '00 bravo with a cassette player in it and swapped it out for an aftermarket one?

cheers

Hi
    I've had 2 bravos and replaced the stereo twice.
    I have the facia adapter from the first one at home i think I'll look - it's yours if i can find it. It's very easy to do....The wire loom is just plug n play as it's a european car.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

cheers guys.

thnx for the offer egan but i will be getting a bit of stuff done(speakers, radio, carkit) all from the same guy. supplied and fitted.

if he doesnt have the radio trim, i appreciate getting it from you if you find it.

i just wanted to make sure it could be done before i bought the head unit and other stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement