Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nixer rates??

Options
  • 12-09-2005 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

The company I'm working for at the moment, on a college placement, have mentioned contracting me during the year to update/maintain their website on a fairly regular basis.

I wanted some opinions on what I should charge them.

Due to the travel times/costs that would be involved with coming in, I was thinking a minumum rate of €30, with an additional €10 per hour for every hour over 2 that I work.

EG.
    1 or 2 hours=€30, 3 hours=€40, 4 hours=€50.

Would that be a fair rate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

your on the right track.
    I would say 15/hour would be more reasonable, with a min of 30 per call out.

It might be more convenient for both of you to get a reatainer arrangment going whereby for 300/month you agree to x amount of hours (say 15 or so) maintaining the site.

Surely you could maintain it off site anyway?
    But thats a different kettle of fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

thats cheap, depending on how regular it is, i'd say between 30 and 50 per hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It would only be a couple of hours a month.

But it wouldn't really be worth my while if I was only making >€20 for going out there.
    I could do it off site, but I don't think they'll be too keen on that.

Advertisement