Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatton Vs Warren - who do you believe?

Options
  • 12-09-2005 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone any inside knowledge on this one?

Personally, I think that for the most part Boxing promoters are shady characters, and Warren always came across to me as a toe-rag.

So Frank says he has a binding 3-fight contract with Hatton, whereas Hatton says he's a free agent. I somehow doubt that Hatton would win this one.... Warren strikes me as far too cute to let him slip through his fingers at this the most high-profile time of his career.

Hatton Vs Maussa however, that's a bit of a joke isn't it? Hatton beats 1 top class opponent, then goes back to fighting a sub-standard one. Suppose if the deal couldn't be made with Mayweather yet, and Maussa has a belt (Harris gave that one up very easily!), then it'll pass the time and generate a bit of cash, but the next one after this better be Mayweather or Cotto or someone similar......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Personally I'd side with Ricky on this one. He's one of the most likeable guys in boxing at the minute, though of course there's always a few that'll hate him. Since he's went the length of annoucing his next fight I'm hoping he knows something we don't. Though having said that you're right, it's hard to see Warren lose out on so much cash just like that. I think Maussa is pretty much made for Hatton. He's definitely a big step down from Tszyu though the WBA belt may give Ricky some more bargaining power. Oh yeah and this will be shown on Sky Box Office, never really expected to see Hatton on ITV anyway. Hatton beats Maussa by stoppage in the mid rounds in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sky is pushing this so hard.

Hattons box office and they want him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I actually know someone who is good friends with Ricky Hatton and Ricky recons Warren got enough money out of him and he wants to try it on his own. On the other side would Ricky Hatton be where he is today if Frank warren wasn't able to get the big names to fight him??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

BingoBongo wrote:
    On the other side would Ricky Hatton be where he is today if Frank warren wasn't able to get the big names to fight him??

He's only ever got him one big name + Ben Tackie .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Warren reminds me of Brick Top from Guy Ritchies 'Snatch' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Geiger wrote:
    Warren reminds me of Brick Top from Guy Ritchies 'Snatch' :D

lol , me too .

Advertisement