Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening new pages in set dimensions?

Options
  • 12-09-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi,
    Was wonderin if anyone could help me with this.. i'm sure it's a simple answer anyway here goes... I want the thumbnails in my gallery to open in a new page roughly 640 x 480.. How can this be done? I have seen it on some sites and the new page doesnt have a border and looks really tidy..

At the moment i'm just linking the thumbnails to the actual file and setting the target to _blank...which just opens the pictures in different sizes.. and if the window is not maximised the picture is not shown in it's proper dimensions..

So can anybody help me out?
    cheers!
    -flynn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's Javascript.

Google for the window.open() function. This allows you to specifiy attributes of the new window, including height and width.

Advertisement