Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent children leaked with English subs apparently

Options
  • 12-09-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

I have heard today that the dvd has leaked online with english subtitles. probably a very bad thing as most people who are into FF are geeks and understand how and where to get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I have heard today that the dvd has leaked online with english subtitles. probably a very bad thing as most people who are into FF are geeks and understand how and where to get it.

The Jap onw with subtitles? September 14th I think it'll be available. Might be a bit after that before it starts appearing on ebay and other places.

Thing is that people, me for example, would prefer subtitles to crappy dubbing any day.

I reckon I'll just wait it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

but i tihnk it was delayed here and the US so it wouldnt have crappy dubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I heard about it being leaked, but I think the subs were made by a fan, so the translation could be rubbish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

It wasn't leaked per se. The DVD went on sale in Japan and it was released onto the net. All english subs are fan subs - there are no english sub on the japanese DVD, unfortunately. I've heard it's good. Looking forward to getting the DVD shame it's delayed so damn much. I don't care about dubbing. Just want the Japanese DVD with english subs. *sighs*

Translations would be pretty good I'd imagine. Fans do this a lot - people translate Japanese anime etc regularly. These are the sorta people who'd be doing a translation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think I may have to talk to the cousins in japan about this for research purposes.

• Advertisement

i talked to my cousins last night too. they got me it with subtitles. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

evad_lhorg wrote:

Can i talk to your cousins aswell?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

evad_lhorg wrote:

I'm hoping my cousins aren't evil and actually give it to me with subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm hoping my cousins aren't evil and actually give it to me with subs.
    Yes....i too am having problems with the....cousins :p

They have failed to indicate whether im getting the subtitled version or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

20% downloaded so far,
    Bittorent is a God send ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

50% here, it's so damn slow though. I hate Bittorrent... :(

Also included in the download is a 30 second sample, which completes downloading at about 40% I think. The quality is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

I got it today, only took like and hour and a half. Need to download a seperate subtitle file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

Possibly ,one of the greatest movies... ever.. visually stunning and a treat to watch, good subs too :p

Is the story any good or is it just pretty. I hope they don't contradict the story of FFVII, which I'm worried that they will.

BTW: You shouldn't be referring to your cousins in Japan by calling them bittorrent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

:D
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    Is the story any good or is it just pretty. I hope they don't contradict the story of FFVII, which I'm worried that they will.

BTW: You shouldn't be referring to your cousins in Japan by calling them bittorrent

bittorrent-san?

humm, only heard this now, must also research...stuff.....about......stalking.....lenny....and......karl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just had a glance at a sample and....
    Cloud has a very handy big-ass sword compartment on his bike - gotta get me one of those!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

SofaKing wrote:
    Just had a glance at a sample and....
    Cloud has a very handy big-ass sword compartment on his bike - gotta get me one of those!
    :)
    Yeh noticed that in one of the first trailers... just pops open holding about 12 swords, handy as hell... and he has a smaller dagger-esque one on him too

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Guy / Girls, if your interested in FF get this, especially if you love FF7...
    I got it in less then and hour and was a little aprehencious but it was all worth it.

The English translation is very near perfect and I bet better then any dubs that will come out.

PS. The sample's and trailers are nothing compared to the whole movie.
    One hour and forthy miuntes of the charactors we all love. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

man my cousins are taking ages..... i cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

My 90yr old granny in Japan sent me the FF dvd but put the wrong movie in the box. Don't you just hate when that happens :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I wonder who will be playing the the English voices on a seemingly unrelated note.

I may be imagining it but I heard Justin Timberlake is playing Cloud, I'll take my subtitles thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

grimloch wrote:
    I wonder who will be playing the the English voices on a seemingly unrelated note.

I may be imagining it but I heard Justin Timberlake is playing Cloud, I'll take my subtitles thank you very much.
    Eminem is on IMDB as playing Mr Coates.
    Anyone remember Mr Coates? What a minor character, how the flip did he make it into the film? My guess is he's now king of coral or some such.

So anyway i flew over to japan earlier and watched this with my distant family.

AMAZING. ppure genius
    I laughed my ass off after the first tifa fight when the guys phone rang

amazing animation too.

the subs were in the file i got already. very easy to figure out how to work em tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Good movie. Bit confusing in places. Can't wait for the english version to come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

grr!!!, stupid subs wont work

i have one sub zip file containing:
    1 .sfv file
    and 1 .idx file, now what i do ??

also got a msinfo file

????

if this isnt allowed please feel free to delete, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Got my hands on the film myself. I have to say that this film is GREAT! :D
    Just hope that the english version is as good in terms of voice acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 martyFarty

herobear wrote:

1 .sfv file

also got a msinfo file

????

Just watched first half of it on my lunch break. Looks excellent so far. Took nearly two days to get it "sent from japan". I had to get seperate subtitle file. Then from VideoLAN media player, went File->Open and selected the movie file to open. Beside that there is a "Subtitles" check box. Select this, then browse to wherever you saved your subtitles file. VideoLAN player is free if u don't have it.
    Subtitles seem spot on too

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

herobear wrote:

1 .sfv file

also got a msinfo file

????

Download K-Lite Codec Pack here

Download DivXG400 here

Download Media Player Classic here

Download the subs file here

Install K-Lite. Install DivXG400. Install Media Player Classic. Put the subs file (bien-xvid-ff7.ssa) into the subs folder of your Advent Children folder. Start Media Player Classic. Open the film, then go to Play -> Filters -> DivXG400. Click the Subtitles tab. In "Search" put in the path to the subs folder where you put the subs file, and make sure "In Use" goes to bien-xvid-ff7.ssa.

Doesn't take as long as it looks. I'm sure somebody has a way of doing it with 2 clicks and will make me look like a fool, but that's how I did it! :p

I thought it was excellent anyway. The fight scenes are absolutely mental, wasn't expecting them to be like that at all.
    :D That was gas, the victory theme as Loz's ringtone, use to have that myself, brilliant! Reno and Rude had most of the laughs. My favourite was the look on Rude's face as Reno steps on his shades...then within seconds, even as Loz and Yazoo look on, he cooly slips on another pair... :D

Id well do Tifa tbh ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Oh i havent seen the film so i dont wanna read the threads spoilers :(

...so...tempting :(

Glad to hear its great tho, i was quite worried they might make a meal of the story written in VII. Eminem as Mr. Coates is alright as he's only a v.minor character, but so help me God if Justin Timberlake dubs Cloud :mad:

Advertisement