Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent children leaked with English subs apparently

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, its a 20 min long japanese Anime that revisits the Mako Reactor Event in nibelheim Mountains

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I edited your post. Don't mention filesharing programs please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kakistos

I'm a huge ff fan and i wasn't really blown away
    the fight with bahamut was way too overstated. cool. but overstated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The general concensous seems to be that the film is a load of crapola. Bad to fair reviews all round even from the FF websites with mature reviews. The only good reviews I've seen were on about how FFAC 'ROCKS' or the 'awesome'ness of the action sequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Indeed RetroGamer, I read the reviews prior to seeing it and, as you say, all the mature reviewers said it was bad, all the goth/hate the world American teenage reviewers said it "RAAAWKKED!"/"TOTALLY AWESOME".

I saw it myself and thought it was terrible, this coming from the ultimate fan of Final Fantasy 7 (if I do say so myself ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

The first 45 mins or so was quite good as the story was reasonable and the fights were new and flashy but after that the story just faded to nothing and the fight with Bahamut was long and drawn out

Final Fantasy VII for the PS3 might do something to remedy the poor state square-enix have reduced the FFVII badge to...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Story wise, it's crap. Not worth bothering about.

Visually however is a whole other story. I will defo be getting the DVD purely for the visuals. Amazing CG work. Really, really, amazing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

As will I. I was too drawn in by the look and quality of how everything was done to focus on the story - just hit something else! :p

Shame the DVD seems to be have been pushed back again! If we get it before next summer it will be a miracle. At that stage they'll just decide to hold it for next Chrismas! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Got a major buzz watching this, if you played 7 and don't like this you should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Got a major buzz watching this, if you played 7 and don't like this you should be shot.
    So, basically you thought it "RAAAWKKED!" and was "TOTALLY AWESOME" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

FF7 is one of my favourite games and I thought it was a load of me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

SofaKing wrote:
    So, basically you thought it "RAAAWKKED!" and was "TOTALLY AWESOME" :rolleyes:

Yeah it was bleeding deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DrJohnnyFever

Holy mackrel, I saw the Japanese import of this and I thought my head was going to explode.

Anyone else get a chance to see this yet? The release in Europe and the US are still unconfirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

Oh my god oh my god! Who stole my materia?????

Its absolutely brilliant!!!! You evil Genosha cell!

*foams at mouth thinking about it again...hmm must watch it again tonite! plays ff7 ringtone to calm self down**

The film is muck unless you are less than 16 years old and there is a thread about this already.

(which I can't seem to find for merging :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Muck is harsh. It just doesn't have the charm that FFVII had, and it focuses more on wowing the viewer with visuals than captivating them with a good storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Slurms wrote:
    Muck is harsh. It just doesn't have the charm that FFVII had, and it focuses more on wowing the viewer with visuals than captivating them with a good storyline.
    Seconded...

(your post count is 1337 :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

*ahem* Glad that little problem is gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Was indeed muck, a crap storyline which barely sufficed to string together a load of flashy impressive jedi type visuals which were a huge contradiction to the storyline.

A load of cack if ever I saw it.

It was corporate fan service that didn't really service any fans just like FFX-2 was. Except maybe the fans doing naughty things while thinking of the girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I saw it a good while ago. Being a big fan of VII I felt very let down. It was good seing a lot of characters but the novelty wore off and it was a fairly bad storyline. Probably wouldnt watch it all the way through again, id see myself getting bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The film is muck unless you are less than 16 years old and there is a thread about this already.

(which I can't seem to find for merging :( )

Hey, am 20 and was totally glued to it!

It is in no way muck! *sob sob*

Advertisement