Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Broadband

• 12-09-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Im living in Galway City and im thinking of getting broadband into the house. What would be my best bet? That NTL offer looks quite good...

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Ya ntl are good, alot of people recomend irish broadband but their are alot of unhappy irish broadband people on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

Well we all know the bad parts of IBB's service but it works for me here in Galway so if you give it a go make sure you are present when they do the install and LOS test. Test the internet yourself! now Download something, ping you gateway before the installer leaves. So you know if works.

I have the Breeze 2MB

Digiweb are in Galway now so try them too they have faster speed for cheaper prices also lots of extras check there site for Metro broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

I`m in galway too. I was just about to order the breeze 1meg, mostly for gaming and a little downloading. but the package says the ratio is 48:1 ,, does that mean as time goes by, IBB will pile on the users until the service is a poor as 1/48 ?! Surely I`m mistaken?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NTL if you can get it.

cant. IBB Breeze is my only hope. I`l try digiweb too but they jus after starting services in galway city.
    I`m out in the sticks (moycullen). But I hav a class LOS view of all the masts on tullabroughi (r wherever the f**k it is), from my roof. A friend of mine lives in knocknacarra and he can get it. As the crow flies my house may actually b closer then his so I recon I`v a gr8 chance, i`m ringing 2moro to make sure.

• Advertisement

LOS to Tonabrocky is the key . Service providers from Tonabrocky are Leap/Com1 (same thing in effect) IBB and also < maybe , not sure > Digiweb

Irishwan may have reached out to Moycullen too. http://forums.irishwan.org/index.php

ty ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

were is digwevs mast gave them a call and they told me that it is galway city center.is that true

dunno, did YOU actually ring them and ask them and actually listen to what they said ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

were is digwevs mast gave them a call and they told me that it is galway city center.is that true

It's the same as IBB's the ESB mast in Ballybrit int estate beside McDonough’s Hardware supplies. Don't know far there service reaches out but I think it's about 4km the sales woman wasn’t as sure about it on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Very simple, if you can get NTL, then get it.

IMHO it is the best BB product in Ireland and much better then IBB.

Advertisement