Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresher's First Day

Options
  • 12-09-2005 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

So how was everyone's first real day of college. Mine was okay, I only had one lecture and I skipped my first(but not my last) practical.
    Oh God I'm gonna fail!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mine was good :) my first lecture was biological and developmental psychology, and it was fuggin deadly! muy interesante indeed. had 2 other lectures too, not as good though.

I am soooo tired, though. Gonna go to bed soon, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

Had 4 lectures today which was a heavy start, 2 on Psychology and 2 on Sociology. The lectures were good but I am not so sure about the 3 hour gap I had :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

ah u'll quickly fill that with trying to get your essays written and studying for exams. They're only 14 weeks away you know! :-P

Edit reason: Wanted to fix spelling mistake so it at least looks like I graduated from UCD! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Muahahaha I've got every Monday until Christmas free :D

Nice. 1 girl I was helping to pick her modules in the labs last week managed to get fridays off both semesters and have only 1 lecture on Thurs. Nice!!!!!

• Advertisement

Fridays off both semesters?? That's pretty damn sweet! I had to sacrafice monday - thursday 9 ams for my monday :(

9ams! ouch!

Mind you I had a lot of them when I was an undergrad.

Fecking engineering and science! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

ah this is so cute!ickle first years!If your first day didnt go to well dont worry bout it cos it takes a good month to get into the swing of things!good luck for day two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I'm in at 9. Up at 630 :(
    Only 2 Lectures though.

I'm in at 9. Up at 8.30 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm in at 9. Up at 630 :(
    That's my day tomorrow... and because practicals haven't started up, I only have 2 lectures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I have 3 maths physics lectures tomorrow. In a row. :(

That's a kick in the pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I spent 30mins trying to find out which bloody theatre i was supposed to be in.
    While UCD seems to be more organised than DIT was , as least DIT gave ya a nice shny timetable with room numbers etc on it :p

Ah well i found em all tho felt a lil sheephish walking into a couple of em late. Im sure its not the last time ;)

i'd really like the chance to do that course.

I'm sure you can with the Horizons lark!

I've got a lecture in it tomorrow morning, can't wait, lol. The introduction lecture made it seem cool... like she was all, "we'll try to answer questions such as, 'why do we eat?' and 'how can we trust our eyes?' (which was followed by a b*tchin optical illusion!:D) and 'how do past experiences affect our behaviour today?'"

:D

Seems pretty trippy :p Anywho, I'd look into the module times, etc., and see if you're able to do this at some stage.

*Sigh*. I have ended up in the microeconomics class that was designated in that timeslot for Commerce people. The site said absolutely nothing about this and it was news to me (and the 3 other arts people in the course).
    The Comp Sci introduction was pretty enjoyable. Lotta people doing it though :eek:

Half of them will disappear by the end of the week.

Yeah, it does seem that way. The girl sitting beside me said that it was going to be the best series of lectures ever because the lecturer was giving us a 5 minute break every class. That's what I call dedicated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

hehehhe.

Your man seemed to be lost at sea. Poor chap. Nothing was working out for him :)

Yeah. His microphone, the power lead etc.

Wonder if the rest of the classes will be like that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Waltons wrote:
    Yeah, it does seem that way. The girl sitting beside me said that it was going to be the best series of lectures ever because the lecturer was giving us a 5 minute break every class. That's what I call dedicated :D

ah good old fintan :)

had my first pharmacology lecture today ( i was one of the select few who got it...go me :) ) looks cool, we're being enticed to pick it as our degree with offers like you get to give rabbits ecstasy in 3rd year!!! Probably not true but still...drugs

Poor rats, just misunderstood :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Ooh I was at that. Yeah it seems interesting enough but your man was a bit dogey though, I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Kate_17

I was also fortunate enough to be at a lecture with Fintan this morning.... the battery on his laptop went resulting in another 5 minute break :)

wait 'till you get joe carthy for some lectures, he's a funny lad :)

Joe Carthy is a legend. End of story. :)

too right basically told us the questions on our summer exam....."now people you *really* want to learn this bit" etc. etc. nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

DaveMcG wrote:
    The introduction lecture made it seem cool... like she was all, "we'll try to answer questions such as, 'why do we eat?' and 'how can we trust our eyes?' (which was followed by a b*tchin optical illusion!:D) and 'how do past experiences affect our behaviour today?'"

I'm doin that!! Yeah when ur wan said the q about why do we eat my stomach proceded to rumble loudly and the people around me were in the pisses....worse is i didnt know them!!

o and that illision thing was deadly i didnt get it though til it was explained to me by a girl beside me....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ok too lazy to go back and edit [sorry]

Day1 Monday-was alright felt a bit lonely though i did talk to people...but they werent the sort of people who i would become friends with just passin time if ya know what i mean
    I really like the subjects i'm doin except irish kinda scares me!!

Day 2...eh was supposed to go to a welcome thingy but i woke up late and didnt bother...oops! went home on the train at 3.

wont be back til next sunday night!!!

God not a great start eh!!!

• Advertisement

i suppose i'll do mine:

monday: in at 1 for one lecture in biochem - very interesting but looks sh1t hard. Got my practical assigned for wednesday 10-1 rather than 3-6 so that's grand.

today: lectures from 9-1 :( only got in for 10. Pharmacology looks cool but again fairly daunting amount of work, MCQ after each unit, lots of reading.

timetable working out better than last year so far though i'll have 3more hours per week than last year.

Hours Monday: 10-6, Tuesday: 9-1, Wednesday: 10-6, Thursday: 9-2, Friday: 11-4. Still have to add on 1 possibly 2 tutorials but better than last year's 9am start every day :mad:

Advertisement