Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresher's First Day

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

You came into Information literacy? I'm doing that course! That's why I didn't go to the meeting ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Wow of all the courses??? What did you think of it? Did you stay for both of the classes??
    As for having whatever lecturer Zane mentioned, I don't have her and I don't think I will this year.

Yeah, I'm taking it as a major! I thought it looked better than intro to info studies anyway. That guy's a bit droney... Yeah, I was there for both classes. Were you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ah no I'm not doing Information Studies this year, I did it last year! It can be a bit boring and tedious at times but if you go to 65-75% of your lectures and go to all of your tutorials you'll be grand. Count yourself lucky you don't have Dr. Traxlor-Brown. Tis a ickle bit dull. Her lectures at 9 o'clock last year should have carried a health warning! Anyway i'm doing Info Studies in 2nd year from next year so if you stick at it I'm sure I'll see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jam_Jar

Well, I'm not a Fresher....but i did have fun with a couple of first years in the Bar ......aswell as my 4th year friends. AND I just wanted to add...I have FRIDAYS off and the only thing I have on a Tuesday is Choir at 5'30 which I take for credit!! I mean wtf? Singing (badly) in a choir for a term is the same percentage as analysing 3 classical scores..(An that is an absolute BASTARD to do)

Also, I did music through arts which means I have an arts degree.....the extra year for music is free, and another degree....yet some people have ONLY been doing a Bmus for the last 3 years....makes no sense...! Sorry for the tangent!

• Advertisement

Ah no I'm not doing Information Studies this year, I did it last year! It can be a bit boring and tedious at times but if you go to 65-75% of your lectures and go to all of your tutorials you'll be grand. Count yourself lucky you don't have Dr. Traxlor-Brown. Tis a ickle bit dull. Her lectures at 9 o'clock last year should have carried a health warning! Anyway i'm doing Info Studies in 2nd year from next year so if you stick at it I'm sure I'll see you there!
    Yeah, it's pretty cool that we get marks for attending and "participating in" our tutorials. The intro to info studes seems a bit more dull than the information literacy course but I'll bear with it and see how it goes. I'm sure I'll see you around anyway, Zane. Next boards beers maybe? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Waltons wrote:
    Yeah, it's pretty cool that we get marks for attending and "participating in" our tutorials. The intro to info studes seems a bit more dull than the information literacy course but I'll bear with it and see how it goes. I'm sure I'll see you around anyway, Zane. Next boards beers maybe? ;)

Yeah definitely go to your tutorials but do participate! I was pretty much was the only one of about 20 people in my tutorial who bothered to open their mouths last year and it got annoying because anytime a question was asked by the tutor I'd see about 15 heads looking towards my direction! Urrggghhh participate people goddammittt!!! I'll definitely be at the next boards beer anyways to talk druuuunkkken info studies stuff.... meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

My timetable... it's looking like I'm going to have 15 hours a week. In 10-4 on Monday, 9-6 Tuesday , either 9-4 or 11-4 Wednesday (depends what multimedia practical I get), 12-5 Thursday, 10-11 Friday. It could have been so much worse.

Fear the 2nd chem eng timetable, 31 hours of lectures:
    Monday 9-6
    Tuesday 9-530
    Wednesday 9-530
    Thursday 10 :D -530
    Friday 9-530

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*is very glad she didn't do engineering...*
    Though last year I started at 1 3 days a week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

You must be very head strong to have pushed through such a grueling schedule. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement