Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM2006 Beta Demo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

What kind of f-ing time is this to release a demo

/me runs off to download

*edit bleh 10 kbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jesus, looks like It'll be downloading overnight at this speed. Must be loads of people downloading. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I thought they said they weren't going to do this, this time? Wasn't expecting this at all. Their servers must be in bits right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cheers Eirebhoy you beast!

<edit> Can't even connect to the download the server is so packed! Grrrr...

Have you played it lads? Any use?

<edit#2> Finally its connected...

Swear to god i can’t even beat wigan or Blackburn with Chelsea playing a 4-1-2-2-1 system their players play amazing mine play average wonder if that’s a bug or simply bad luck/tactics

Game itself is much improved imho training is far better the transfer prices are more realistic you can get Adriano for 33 million instead of the 70+ in 2005.Media is better as are the assistant managers and the pysios about time you don’t find out about injures from the frigging newspaper however scouts seem as useless as ever "err well its wigan like you know they have a alright team so ya bye now boss" games are much lower scoring as well generally speaking 2 goals = near sure win unless your playing man united or co

Over all it looks class considering it’s a beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

is there any other sites which has the demo on them as i cant even get onto the sigames site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

thanks bizmark you legend. looking forward to dominating with man united.

besty wrote:
    thanks bizmark you legend. looking forward to dominating with man united.

Woah, what a challenge! I think I'll try some no-hopers as usual.

Have a look for Peter Crouch!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Woah, what a challenge! I think I'll try some no-hopers as usual.

Ugh i hate this "my personal chouse of club is better than yours" attitude of some football manager fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Downloading now,can't wait :D

Network game support yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

This the beta with the Eircom League in it?

The version I downloaded only has the English quickstart as per usual, but IIRC they usually add a few more quickstarts to the website after a while.

It looks pretty good, a few problems but they'll all be ironed out no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I love it, Im gonna get addicted all over again come 4th of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Oooooohh, preferred players moves, nice!

And am liking the players new stats screen.

Not sure if my 'team talks' are having any effect, but then ive only played friendlies so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The greyed out teams are a little too good lol.

In my game Dudelange of Luxemborg knocked Liverpool out of the CL 1st round (3-1 agg) and then went on to qualify for the group stages! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Peter Crouch is not in the Liverpool squad. Hes playing for the Uruguaian Liverpool. :)

Carragher's only worth 3.2m???????? I assume ALOT of tweaking will be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What are the load times like between matches?
    Don't have time to dl or play this at the moment, back to college next week though which ironically will give me time to play it. :D

Load times are very quick as you're only running the English leagues.

And yes Crouch is playing in Uruguay, something that will be fixed soon.

And I think the transfer fees are more realistic, I'd agree with SI's interpretation of Carra's price. Im a Liverpool fan and I recognise the man as brilliant, but he isnt really worth much more, cos Liverpool would never sell him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Any other sites got it for download?

I'm on a 56k, and I want to leave it running overnight. How do I prevent it (i.e. the download) from stopping all of a sudden while I'm asleep? Anything better out there to stop this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

not to be a smart arse, but 56k is dodgy for downloading over long periods. I say this from experience and have many a time woke up to be disappointed that the net connection was cut off about an hour after I went to sleep! :rolleyes:

try get a download manager programme, that can support resuming downloads. Either that or go into a net cafe (if you are from Dublin theres a good one opposite the hub) and get a PC with a burner. Just download, and burn.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

SIGames server is overloaded and the other 2 links posted here don't seem to have the file available for download anywhere (well maybe the fileshare thing yoke does but it seems to want me to upload something).

Can't find the demo anywhere on any of the major games sites, any suggestions?

SI is the only place to get it now. So you'll have to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Crouch at Uruguay lolz :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Slurms wrote:
    And I think the transfer fees are more realistic, I'd agree with SI's interpretation of Carra's price. Im a Liverpool fan and I recognise the man as brilliant, but he isnt really worth much more, cos Liverpool would never sell him.

Not really a reason though. A players valuation is their valuation because of how good they are and what a team would be willing to pay for them.Chelsea wont sell Terry but that doesnt mean hes only worth 2-3m . Duff is valued at 6m in the game aswell.

You wouldnt get Gerrard or adriano for 12m, Rooney for 9.5m, Rio ferdinand for 6.75 or C. ronaldo for 7.75.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Transfer values are a bit silly, agreed. Juventus and Barcelona kept trying to buy Ashley Cole off me for £4m, granted i'd love to be rid of the bastard but that's just taking the piss...

Mind you, I couldn't get Sevilla to part with Jesus Navas, despite offering £10m + Lehmann & Pires (two players they wanted). With a bit of wheeling and dealing I sold Lauren and brought in Stekelenberg, De Jong, Blasi and Samaras. 4-1 win over Chelsea in the CS, Arsenal's problems solved!

It looks pretty good, some nice improvements. There's still not enough tactical control though.

They said players values will be increased in the final version anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement