Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows NT

• 26-07-1999 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Is there any kind of safe mode for Windows Nt? and if so, how do i get into it? Have a Toshiba Tecra 500CDt here which i installed a new sound card driver on and now the machine hangs when booting up NT, i already tried running Original Config mode but that failed. Any ideas??
    FurY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Try booting it into vga mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Try holding the SHIFT key when it's starting up as well? Think that's only for Startup folder though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Either try Vga mode which only helps with graphics drivers probs. or else select "last known good configuration" when prompted during boot up. If this doesn't work then you need an emergency repair disk which i bet u don't have. If u do boot from the 1st of the 3 NT boot diskettes and select repair when prompted.

Advertisement