Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: A division in the 'Lost' Forum?.. (** SPOILERS **)

• 12-09-2005 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

.. no, not in a bad way! :rolleyes:

With the Season 2 premiere just around the corner and also the impending conflict between Jack (Man Of Science) and Locke (Man Of Faith) - why don't we take our own sides?

Do you side with Jack's beliefs or with Locke's beliefs? Or who do you prefer? All this needs to be taken account when the sides are drawn up.

Of course: no personal attacks / abuse should be waged on members of your rival group. Just a bit of fun to take the divide as a bit of a joke.

I noticed qz has a Man of Science sig (Jack) and Sauron has a Man Of Faith sig (Locke) - see below! Now i'm not suggesting we take these sigs as i'm just using them as an example but indicate somewhere in your sig whether you're a 'Man Of Faith' or a 'Man Of Science'

Man Of Science:
    manofscience2dk.jpg

Man Of Faith:
    manoffaith21pb.jpg

Oh.. and try not to indicate exactly what this means for the non-US viewers if they ask! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

:) I'll stay neutral in this

Mainly because I dislike sig images

I'll knock up a couple of small sig images for this though (similar to the Pimpdaddy images I made) to help you less imaginative folk out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ummm...Im going with Locke,he is just the best character,even if his actions have yet to be decided as good or evil! Jack is too much of the "pretty boy" hero :p

tvnutz wrote:
    Ummm...Im going with Locke,he is just the best character,even if his actions have yet to be decided as good or evil! Jack is too much of the "pretty boy" hero :p
    I dunno... I quite like Jack's tattoos :)

:p

Ok then! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well.. my new makeshift MS Paint sig is done! Was there ever any doubt on who i'd pick?! :D

steveland.. so much for playing neutral - playing the "Jack Tattoo's wildcard", eh?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

This exact thing was on somethingawful.

WHO THE HELL WOULD SIDE WITH JACK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

uh, me

*nods*

Giblet wrote:
    This exact thing was on somethingawful.
    Probably where i stole the idea from.. ah no, i didn't know it existed but i presumed something like it did when Sauron and qz both arrived with shiny new Man of Science / Man Of Faith sigs! :D
    Giblet wrote:
    WHO THE HELL WOULD SIDE WITH JACK!
    I don't know.. i'm not a big fan of Jack (don't think many are) but i do definantly side with some of his beliefs. Not to get too deep here but everything happens for a reason and we can't base all solely on faith. Science definantly plays a factor too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

obviously it has to be faith... you've read my theories.

but both locke and sheppard have hidden depths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Seeing as Locke, (whom I actually <3 more than Jack) is probably going to become a big bag of crazy at some stage, i'm officialy setting up camp with Jack and Kate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I am siding with the man of faith. By far the most intriguing characther.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Time for a sig change i think:

manoffaith1lf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Its gotta be Locke. So deep and mysterious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

heh, :rolleyes: I always new I'd inspire a deep moral and ethical conflict on a message board.. just as long as I'm paid royalties for the use of my sig.. ;)
    maybe we should have some sort of showdown or just general taunting of the opposing side included in our posts... speaking of which,
    science smells...
    Locke is the coolest character me thinks... have faith in the island tbh...
    VVV behold the wonders of Paint Shop Pro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Should we sub divide the forum into US, IRL, and UK so spoilers arent given away in titles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eoghanflynn

^^^
    probably more suited for here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=295235

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Great idea Basq. Although Locke is a gaybo through and through (Joke :D), this is a cool little thing you've set up. Jack ftw!

Go Team Kate and Jack!

Yes, onward, ever upward, Team Kack...

Just you lot wait till season 02. You'll all come running right back to us.

btw, the '1337' wingdings code *coughahem* says 'We're going to have a Locke problem'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Nah thats just the music thats been on the show i.e Damien Rice - Delicate. Its not the music made for the show.

Shabadu wrote:
    Yes, onward, ever upward, Team Kack...
    I laughed so hard a little wee came out! :D

Team Kack - classic!!
    qz wrote:
    Great idea Basq. Although Locke is a gaybo through and through (Joke :D), this is a cool little thing you've set up. Jack ftw!
    Locke's all about the ladies!!

PS - there seems to be a pretty nice 50 / 50 mix siding towards either Jack or Locke! Excellent stuff... keep 'em sigs coming!

PPS - if anyone wants me to make them a sig for 'Man Of Faith' / 'Man Of Science' logo.. let me know! It will be an MS Paint job but should be pretty decent. Or if you prefer.. edit an existing sig image of yours with a little shot of Locke / Jack in the corner! (like mine)

Kack.... lol..... :rolleyes:

Loving the sig modification, Sauron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

talking about team kack.....
    lost-forum has come up with tons of shipper nicknames including:
    jack x kate = jate
    kate x sawyer = skater
    sayid x shannon =shayid
    shannon x boone = shoone
    michael x sun = mun
    jin x sun = jun
    kate x sayid = kayid
    jack x sawyer = jawyer
    charlie x heroin = cheroin

etc...

herobear wrote:
    talking about team kack.....
    lost-forum has come up with tons of shipper nicknames including:
    jack x kate = jate
    kate x sawyer = skater
    sayid x shannon =shayid
    shannon x boone = shoone
    michael x sun = mun
    jin x sun = jun
    kate x sayid = kayid
    jack x sawyer = jawyer
    charlie x heroin = cheroin

etc...
    They're almost as bad as Chlark and Clana in Smallville message boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

I'm gonna have to go with team Kack. I really like locke and all and terry o'quinn is a bad ass actor but I just finished reading the divinci code and it appears to me that locke's extreme faith may possibly lead to extreme fanatacisim if it hasn't already.

PS

I apologise to all i may have offended in my previous posts. My friend who plays ultima online on a european server indicated that the "F" word is offensive and while I never intended it to be a slam it appears it was taken that way.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO HIDE SPOILERS

One last thing
    Basq I love your name, how did you come by it

One last thing
    Basq I love your name, how did you come by it
    Cheers!

It's actually my surname... as simple as that!

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO HIDE SPOILERS
    Surround the text with spoiler tags:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

For instance, entering the following:

"Did anyone hear that they're going to make Jack [spoiler]a mutant who's secretly in the X-Men and has secret laser pants[/spoiler]???"

will appear like this:

"Did anyone hear that they're going to make Jack
    a mutant who's secretly in the X-Men and has secret laser pants
    ???"

• Advertisement

Thankyou

Is that a picture of
    eddie brock
    as your avatar

images.jpg
    I like that... a lot... nice work Sweet

If anybody wants a Team Kack sig, expertly made with photoshop ;), let me know.

qz wrote:
    Team Kack
    Just thinking.. what about if Charlie and Locke formed a team next season?!..

That'd be Team Co... :eek:... ehhhh, never mind!

Ha!

/me hopes

wouldn't team chocke be more suitable? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

what about three person teams?

Charlie + Locke + Hurley = Chockely

that's the only one I'm attempting tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

what about charlie + locke + kate... choclate (pardon the spelling)....

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

i have another!

walt and jin and hurley may make a team

team walt jinsney! :D

anyone? anyone? hello....

nevermind!

i think locke is a great character but in the last few episodes he keeps on going on about the island, the island this, the island that etc.

so, go team kack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

It's not Man of Faith,
    its man of Fate

Sandals wrote:
    It's not Man of Faith,
    its man of Fate

Wrong.
    Next Episode
    Wednesday September 21, 2005
    Man of Science, Man of Faith

The second season starts where the survivors blah di blah di blah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Why would it be fate? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Anima wrote:
    Why would it be fate? :confused:

Locke has fate in the island he does not have faith in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Sandals wrote:
    Locke has fate in the island he does not have faith in it.

To believe in fate you have to have faith don't you? Or is that not how it works?

Sandals, just accept it, you're wrong.

Locke has faith in the Island,he believes it is their fate that they are there.

Actuallu most Christians don't believe in fate or luck. There is a verse in the bible that talks about God knowing us before we were born. SInce God is generally concieved as non linier it is assumed that he can see all moments in time at once (Like the Prophets on Deep Space Nine) So while he gives us free will to decide what we are supposed to do with our lives he already knows the choices we will make. I know that doesn't make since and that politics and religion aren't supposed to be discused because they generally start arguments but I just thought I'd throw that in there.

Actuallu most Christians don't believe in fate or luck. There is a verse in the bible that talks about God knowing us before we were born. SInce God is generally concieved as non linier it is assumed that he can see all moments in time at once (Like the Prophets on Deep Space Nine) So while he gives us free will to decide what we are supposed to do with our lives he already knows the choices we will make. I know that doesn't make since and that politics and religion aren't supposed to be discused because they generally start arguments but I just thought I'd throw that in there.

Why throw it in there then? Its off-topic! No one mentioned religion,or Christianity! It was whether or not it was fate or faith in the title. :p

It's not off topic its about predestination or fate and weather or not Believing in Faith means you believe in Fate.
    To believe in fate you have to have faith don't you? Or is that not how it works?

I know that doesn't make since and that politics and religion aren't supposed to be discused because they generally start arguments

but sure why not?... we could use a good argument... even if it is off topic.. what's that I hear you say?
    It's not off topic its about predestination or fate and weather or not Believing in Faith means you believe in Fate.

no, your post was about whether christians believe in fate or luck...
    There is a verse in the bible that talks about God knowing us before we were born. SInce God is generally concieved as non linier it is assumed that he can see all moments in time at once (Like the Prophets on Deep Space Nine) So while he gives us free will to decide what we are supposed to do with our lives he already knows the choices we will make

that's pretty much all of your post quoted there... and it's pretty off topic imo.. seeing as organised religon is not discussed at all in Lost.. and no direct references are made to it..

No,it is is off topic! Totally. Locke has faith in the island. He has never mentioned God or religion. And in this discussion about fate and faith,no one mentioned Chrisitianity,yet you come in and start on about what a Christian believes. What does that have to do with Lost,or anything discussed here?

• Advertisement
Advertisement