Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black hole for DVDs

Options
  • 13-09-2005 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the story:
    I got out a couple of DVDs from Video Library on Eglinton Street. Not thinking I returned them to Clan Video. Since this was before they open in the morning I just slipped the DVDs into th slot in the door.

Then about two weeks after VL rings me to says I'm very late with the videos. Sh*t, i think and go over to Clan to see about the videos. Clan says that all films they get in that belongs to someone else is being sent on to Shantalla Video.
    Right-O, I walk over to Shantalla, where they inform me that they have no videos at all from Clan. At least not mine...

Since I really really like Video Library on Eglinton Street I paid for the DVDs (60 euros) but this leaves me thinking: Either someone in Clan or Shantalla is sitting at home watching my film and smiling smugly, while I'm out 60 euro. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Should've been more careful lad, it sucks, but it was your fault in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

F#%k that, you shouldn`t hav paid the fine. U should hav gotten a friend of yours to go in and set up a new account that you could use on the sly, if you like the place that much...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ruffty^ wrote:
    F#%k that, you shouldn`t hav paid the fine. U should hav gotten a friend of yours to go in and set up a new account that you could use on the sly, if you like the place that much...

Nah, I too honest (besides they know me in there). What bugs me is that the films did not just vanish into thin air, someone deliberately took them - and I'm paying for it. My only fault was to return them to the wrong shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, it was an honest mistake, a bit silly, but it happens.

But yeah, somebody nicked "your" dvds, at your expense, sad but it happens everyday I'm sure. :(

edit: lol doesn't danniemcq from boards work in Clan you should give him a grilling about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah yeah yeah i'm here, umm what dvd's were they do ya remember?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Animal farm?

Asok, you have my DVD's? ;)

Dannie, it was Dune and House of Flying Daggers but the girl I spoke to said they weren't there and prob had gone to Shantalla.
    She said it's not uncommon for people to leave in boxes from other places so I thinking there is some system in place for this, like shipping them off to Shantalla?

yeah well i can remember seeing Dune anyway cause i was chatting to one of the lads about it. Can't see it about here at the minute though i'll have a word with the others later

but yeah we do get heaps of DVD's and Videos dropped into us that are from the one on Shantalla (usually Late or scratched) and they get a load of ours, but i'll see what i can do and get back to ya

biko wrote:
    Nah, I too honest (besides they know me in there)

Last resort
    :eek: (wear this)
    nixon-mask-1.gif
    + say; "I am not a crook" a few times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

LMAO, .... does that really work :)

• Advertisement

haha now i'll let everyone in Clan to be on the look out for a richard nixon!

I'll be in later, looking like this
    brucie-balaclava.jpg

LoL :D

i'll be waiting

fin.jpg

Children, please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Oh c'mon!

That's just bed wettingly funny!
    (Whoops! :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Danny has your DVDs. I saw them in his house. He told me of his mischief.

Thievin bastid.

Just remember folks, if you're going to lynch someone, please try and be gentle

danniemcq wrote:
    yeah well i can remember seeing Dune anyway cause i was chatting to one of the lads about it.

Thanks everyone, for rallying to the "getting biko's films back" cause :D
    Apparently one is tracked (see above). If you know someone from Clann or Shantalla, feel free to go through their collection for House of flying daggers :D

So Dannie any more news on those films??? Did you find Flying Daggers?
    edt: Do you have Dune at the shop?

• Advertisement

biko wrote:
    So Dannie any more news on those films??? Did you find Flying Daggers?
    edt: Do you have Dune at the shop?

sorry dude they were both left up in Shantalla. Sorry

danniemcq wrote:
    sorry dude they were both left up in Shantalla. Sorry
    and Shantalla refuses receipt. Great.... I guess the title of this thread was right after all....

thanx tho Dannie

Advertisement