Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Club on Campus!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

myanmar wrote:
    Yeah who's going to be coaching? Paddyc? I heard about this on Sunday. Got me very excited. It's a tough "ring sport" MNG, you sure you can handle it?
    No its not PaddyC, but I hear hes opening his own club soon so look out for that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

myanmar wrote:
    Hey redraven are you the u60 guy in bridgestone with the long hair and goatee?
    Yes thats me with the long hair, goatee is gone, what the F**K does u60 mean??!! I hope its not under 60!!
    Have we met before??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

for defence and mental skills?
    If you want to see if ninjutsu fits the bill I think www.kutaki.org might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Went down today and had a look around for the BJJ stand thingy but couldnt find it. Chances are im looking in the wrong places seeing as i still get lost getting from lecture A -> B (where B is accross the hall).

1 thing im worried about is my complete lack of fitness. I've done sfa in the last couple of years with only the odd game of football/cycle here and there.
    Should i get my fitness levels up a bit before i join or is it not that big a deal at the start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

B-K-DzR, when you go in and turn left, it's facing you... beside Boxing.

I joined today, woohoo! I woulda liked to go to a class today (although I don't fancy hanging around for 3 hours -- I'm finished classes for today), but alas! -- I've got no gym clothes with me. Ahh well, I'll see you all on Thursday!

• Advertisement

ah right cheers.
    WIll head in tomorrow and see what the dealio is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Nice to see fencing getting a good mention here, its a deadly sport - been doin it for 10 years myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Went down today and had a look around for the BJJ stand thingy but couldnt find it. Chances are im looking in the wrong places seeing as i still get lost getting from lecture A -> B (where B is accross the hall).

1 thing im worried about is my complete lack of fitness. I've done sfa in the last couple of years with only the odd game of football/cycle here and there.
    Should i get my fitness levels up a bit before i join or is it not that big a deal at the start?

Don't worry. My level of fitness is as close to 0 as the next lazy student!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Nice to see fencing getting a good mention here, its a deadly sport - been doin it for 10 years myself

I was thinking of doing fencing this year - it seems like a cool sport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Obviously the fitter you are the better you'll be at any sport.

BUT a large proportion of fitness is sports specific. So everyone gasses early when they are a beginner. As the weeks go by, people are able to train for longer and longer.

Short answer: Get fit doing BJJ!

• Advertisement

Yer i guessed as much regarding the fitness.

I joined the gym anyways and plan to go in and do a bit o runnin tomoz between lectures after i signs me up to some things ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Guys, today is the last day of the Sports Expo, so come on down and sign up!

We'll also be running another intro class today at 5 in Hall A. All are welcome to attend.

I hope to see you there,
    Colm

Just signed up so i guess i'm killing time till 5.
    Any suggestions for time killing? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

How did everyone enjoy it?

Here's our board if anyone's interested:
    http://www.ucdsu.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

yer myanmar, i was indeed.

Was good fun, my necks a lil sore (deffo heard some grinding noise there!) but overall was great fun. Looking forward to next tuesday (unfortunately i can't do sundays, i plays footie then).

Cheers for link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bleh, I didn't go today... I was planning to, and brought in my gear and that, but I finished at 3 today, and after 3 tutorials in a row, I really wasn't in the mood for waiting around for 3 hours!!! I'll probably only be able to go on Tuesdays, and maybe Sundays (if there's classes on then...is there? lol) for the first few months (ie. until I find some friends/something to do to kill time for 3 hours :p)

Were there many there today, B-K-DzR (most awkward name to type...ever!:p)?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DaveMcG wrote:
    Bleh, I didn't go today... I was planning to, and brought in my gear and that, but I finished at 3 today, and after 3 tutorials in a row, I really wasn't in the mood for waiting around for 3 hours!!! I'll probably only be able to go on Tuesdays, and maybe Sundays (if there's classes on then...is there? lol) for the first few months (ie. until I find some friends/something to do to kill time for 3 hours :p)

You sound like me last year but I ended up going home to watch TV after my lectures and skipping the clubs altogether. Damn my first year...

shorten it to BK ;)

There were a fair few ye. Colm probably has better number as i wasnt really counting, but about 25ish maybe?

Sunday isnt training as such, its just a free mat and try some stuff session from 12-2.
    Others probably better to tell ya stuff than i :)

Advertisement