Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please, photoshop problem

Options
  • 13-09-2005 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

hey folks, got a bit of a problem ive a two page short comic that i can get published but its getting published on a6 , everytime i try to print iot out (even on a4) the resolutions sucks, any advice on how to get the images more clear etc? iv photoshop 5 an i only thought myself so im well lost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

The quality the image prints at depends on two things.

1. It's size
    2. It's resolution (measured in dots per inch or dpi for short)

In Photoshop if you go to Image > Image Size it will tell you your resolution there. Chances are it'll be 72.

For quality printing 150 dpi is recommended but ideally 300dpi is what you want.
    Unfortuatly you can't increase the resolution without effecting the image quality.

How did you draw the comic? Was it in Photoshop or did you scan it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

i scanned in the drawings and coloured em in photoshop, they seem fine as individual panels but when i move em onto an a4 page and shrink em down to fit the boxes on the page they lose a lot of resolution, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

nicolo wrote:
    i scanned in the drawings and coloured em in photoshop, they seem fine as individual panels but when i move em onto an a4 page and shrink em down to fit the boxes on the page they lose a lot of resolution, cheers!

Post the details of the size of you image/images.

Post the size, either in pixels or cm's and the resolution.

People will need details to solve the problem

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What size where the original images? What resolution did you scan them at? What resolution are you working on them as?

You may be able to get help from someone here, but if you haven't already done so I'd suggest trying the Digital Art & Design forum as there will probably be someone in there who can answer your question.

Advertisement