Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - upload issues

• 13-09-2005 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the following on Irish Broadband 2Mbit package ...

Upload speeds seem to be limited to about 30KBs per connection.

i.e. if I'm uploading to John, it only goes at 30KBs. However, if I upload to both John and Paul at the same time then they both get 30KBs each. Likewise if I'm uploading to 5 people at the same time they all get 30KBs each, but they can never get more then this without me sending many files at once?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

what are you uploading? and how? FTP? P2P?

If P2P you might have set it to limit the upload speed to each individual at 30k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Through FTP, MSN, etc

I don't have anything limited on my end. If for example I setup a temp ftp server on my pc then the person downloading from me will only get 30KB/s. If they use flashget and make multiple connections they can get up to 240KB/s. And it's not the FTP software :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

odd. I have IBB Breeze 2Mb and never had this prob...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I had the same problem with IBB listen just get ready because it will get
    a lot worse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Never had this problem, always get constant 235kb/sec or whatever. Is it just to Johns computer or is it to anybody ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's to anybody Chief---

I don't understand it myself... aw well.... flashget it is for now I guess ...

Advertisement