Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored security over broadband

• 13-09-2005 8:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭

I was wondering is there any monitored security available in Ireland over broadband - i.e. a rival to eircom phone watch.
    I have wireless broadband so I'm looking for an alternative to the phone line.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I would be very interested in this too as I'm sure would thousands of other people who would love to ditch their phone line!

The have it in America

https://nextalarm.com/abn.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's probably not available because (a) not a lot of people have broadband (b) most broadband is over ADSL which means you have a phone line.

But a GSM alarm would be a lot more secure in any event, as a thief can just chop the phone wires outside the house and then work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Alarm monitoring over voip is in the pipeline & all the main monitoring stations will be implmenting this shortly...
    GSM monitoring is available but can be expensive ....

Advertisement