Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Ruth Scott been sacked ?

• 13-09-2005 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Listening to the Rick and Ruth morning show on 2fm today and yesterday it seems that Ruth is no longer there.
    Rick O' Sea is doing the program on his own with no mention of Ruth Scott, no mention that she is sick or on holidays, it's a if she never existed.
    She has been air brushed from the show, no loss either if you ask me.

Would it have something to do with the reported return of Marty Whelan to that slot. ?
    Did RTE change their mind on Marty and just ditch Ruth and see if it would help ratings ?

Did she spaek out about the show being scrapped and get the sack ?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

rick said yesterday that the show only has two weeks left on air.
    never mentioned who'd be coming in instead.
    oh god, please make it not be marty whelan. i will go insane on the drive to work if there is no-one decent on 2fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thought Ruth had a very sexy voice - though she did yak on about such hosresh1t.......

Marty is the man now apparently - I must skip down and renew my value-for-money TV license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

rick said yesterday that the show only has two weeks left on air.
    never mentioned who'd be coming in instead.
    oh god, please make it not be marty whelan. i will go insane on the drive to work if there is no-one decent on 2fm.
    It's marty alright...as reported on many threads in this parish, and even in these new fangled 'news papers'...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

No worries Raiser...you can still hear her ....if ya must :D

Ruth Scott is now going to anchor the weekday 4-6pm slot which had been temporarily filled by Jane McCaul.

Rick O'Shea, is moving backback to night-time from 10pm to midnight, replacing Jenny Huston.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Where's Jenny Huston going then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Raiser wrote:
    Thought Ruth had a very sexy voice - though she did yak on about such hosresh1t.......

Ever see a pic of her? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/ruthscott.html

Her voice ain't the only sexy thing about her, look at that hair...

...I mean :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

she's positively grating, heinous, horrible....etc etc
    Fired???? if only....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

A face for radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Marty Bleedin Whelan!!! Jesus Christ. Thats me moving over to a different station.

I have to be honest, I hated Ruth Scott, she spent too much time going on about her own little world and Colin Farrell for my liking. To much waffle about nothing.

But Rick O'Shea on the other hand isnt too bad at all. I laughed out loud at his Bullseye and A-Team keyring bit last week and he is quite entertaining to me so I will probably give his night time show a listen.

I will not be following Ruth to 4-6 however, that would be suicide for the last couple of hours in work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

that breakfast show was the worst idea ever to come from the head of a braindead rte programme scheduler

as is anything starring damien farrelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Is John Clarke still the head bottlewasher at 2FM? it would explain all his friends from the 80s getting the prime time slots.

next thing you know they will bring back poperama.

ruth scot was rubbish, always has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

I quite liked ruth scott. I thought she was very funny. Ergh i hate John Clarkes show on a sunday morning, it drags on for ages & there's nothing decent on other stations at that time either. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Ooly wrote: »
    I quite liked ruth scott. I thought she was very funny. Ergh i hate John Clarkes show on a sunday morning, it drags on for ages & there's nothing decent on other stations at that time either. :mad:

Ruh Scoh !! thank God she's gone - any chance they would now get rid of Nikki Hayes as well .....pleeeeeeasssse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

nearly a 3 year old thread???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

In fact they should get rid of any female presenter who

a : pronounces Cork as "Coirk"

b: is from Cork.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Locking this to prevent speculation on something that happened 3 years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement