Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Door lock pins

Options
  • 13-09-2005 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy Volkwagen Polo Door lock pins (98 VW Polo)? I snapped one of mine the other day.

Do they sell them in any motor shops?

This is the type of thing I'm looking for although plastic ones will do me grand (the one below is alloy):
    alloy%20door%20lock%20pins%20style1L.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Richbrook make them i think thats the name of the company. Halfords in Blanch will Richbrook gear but ull pay big. You should be able to get them order by an auto shop or go to your local scrap yard - there s loads of polos on the road so this might be the cheap option.

While your at the scrap yard it might be worth picking up seats. I got Scooby Recarco Seats and fitted them to my Astra - Looks good feels great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

you can get these easily on http://www.ebay.co.uk - search for "vw, audi, seat, door pins" etc. - should be about £5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 freakfire

Did you manage to sort it out OK? I've got the same problem (snapping off the door lock pin) on my 1999 VW Polo. Does anyone know if I have to take the door panel off to change it once I've bought a replacement? And, if so, which Torx screwdrivers I'll need to do the job?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don't the pins on the older Polos just unscrew?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do you mean hinge pins, or striker plate? (the photo is not showing on Safari)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 freakfire

Thanks. The kind of pins I mean are like these ones (3000.83 I think is the VW one, although I'm not bothered about the brand etc just so long as it fits!).

http://www.autotintdesign.com/Richbrook/Doorpins/doorlockpins.htm

I'm actually not sure if I can unscrew it given how it has snapped but I'll see if I can get hold of it with some long pliers or something and try twisting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

the panel is pretty easily taken off the doors of that generation of polo (i have a 97) with regular screwdrivers and tools, no torx or special screwdrivers required.
    hit for your local scrap yard, id imagine any VW or Seat pin would fit it, good chance of getting one off some door!!

Advertisement