Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos offloading HiMDs uber-cheaply

Options
  • 13-09-2005 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Dunno if anyone's interested, but the Argos's around town are selling off the HiMD models from the out-of-date catalogue at less than half the RRP at the minute. I think it's just the MZ-NH900 and MZ-NH700 that are going cheap - I picked the last 900 from the Stephen's Green shop yesterday for E150, when the Sony Centre downstairs is still selling them for E370! You'll have to ask to look at one of the old catalogues to get the ordering code though. A steal considering there's a few buy it nows on ebay currently offering them for £135 Sterling.

A handy interim machine for me to use for long recordings while Rockbox tease out the recording functions for the aul iRiver...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Mneh...Dont buy Sony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Thanks for the tip! I have a MH700 already, its great for recording and playback but I'd get a better one if the price was right!

How did you find out they had dropped the price of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

How did you find out they had dropped the price of them?

stuff that was in the old catalogue and not in the new one is usually sold at 60% off, but 99% of the stock is gone by now. Either sold out or sent back to the UK

Nightwish wrote:
    stuff that was in the old catalogue and not in the new one is usually sold at 60% off, but 99% of the stock is gone by now. Either sold out or sent back to the UK

I checked in Henry Street and stuff was either not in stock or marked at the full price no discount. That was a MZ-NH900 for 289 or something mad like that.

• Advertisement

I checked in Henry Street and stuff was either not in stock or marked at the full price no discount. That was a MZ-NH900 for 289 or something mad like that.
    yeah, as I said, most of the discounted stock is gone. best time to check for price cuts is the 1st or 2nd week after the launch of the new catalogue. after that, they start sending the stuff back.

Nightwish wrote:
    yeah, as I said, most of the discounted stock is gone. best time to check for price cuts is the 1st or 2nd week after the launch of the new catalogue. after that, they start sending the stuff back.

The 900 was in stock and at full price not the 150 that framesaver got. The new catalogue has been out for ages, a month or more. this threads not even a week old.

The 900 was in stock and at full price not the 150 that framesaver got. The new catalogue has been out for ages, a month or more. this threads not even a week old.

well some stores may not have reduced their prices, as its up to the store manager to change the prices of the stock. I know some RO (old stock) may still be left in stores but the majority of it is in the process of being returned to the UK. As I said, the best time to get stuff is within then 1st 2 weeks of a new catalogues lifespan, and what you do is go into a store and ask a member of staff to see a list of the RO Price Cuts-they can be easily printed off. You can still do that now, but a lot will be out of stock

Nightwish wrote:
    well some stores may not have reduced their prices, as its up to the store manager to change the prices of the stock. I know some RO (old stock) may still be left in stores but the majority of it is in the process of being returned to the UK. As I said, the best time to get stuff is within then 1st 2 weeks of a new catalogues lifespan, and what you do is go into a store and ask a member of staff to see a list of the RO Price Cuts-they can be easily printed off. You can still do that now, but a lot will be out of stock

Thanks for the tip. Might try that on a few things.

Thanks for the tip. Might try that on a few things.
    no problem ;) I should be getting out of hours payment for this :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement