Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

so i bought that multipla

• 13-09-2005 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

i know i know ..
    i expect a lot of stick for this, whats worse its the 02 with the funny lights, however its a great car , 1.9td low mileage and i got it for a really good price. i only have it three weeks and i have put 2000mls on the clock. it takes six adults comfortably and has a huge boot. now let the sea of abuse begin :) . Eric

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

freewing wrote:
    now let the sea of abuse begin :) . Eric
    Excellent choice- congrats & happy motoring. Any pics? What's the engine like, power wise? This is my favourite people carrier. If you get abuse it is from idiots who do not understand good car design.

I'm delighted you got the older model. The new model looks bland AND ugly, as opposed to interesting and, lets say, challenging :)

Oh you'll also get people who don't believe that you put 2000 miles on a Fiat of any kind - "surely it broke down before then?" they'll say. Again - these are idiots who know nothing. Satisfy yourself that they will pay twice the amount that you did for half the car.

My prediction is that this will be the only classic people carrier in 30 years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

classic people carrier in 30 years time.

Now that made me laugh! :D

Oh you'll also get people who don't believe that you put 2000 miles on a Fiat of any kind - "surely it broke down before then?" they'll say. Again - these are idiots who know nothing. Satisfy yourself that they will pay twice the amount that you did for half the car.

:rolleyes:

Look how well its done in the JDPower survey! hint, its quicker if you start from the bottom

and if you want to see how badly its done in the MPV category, it tops the charts in the last position!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

well its as fast as i will ever need to go considering i might have my family in it with me and its a diesel :cool: .its surprising how people react initially to the car cos first its " oh god would you look at it!" but once inside you have to admit its really well laid out and the width is no prob., and the best part is the little boy racers dont bother me , lets face it you wouldnt brag to your mates about dicing a multipla :D

As long as you're happy with the car and don't have any major problems, thats all that matters.

Happy motoring! :)

• Advertisement

UberNewb wrote:
    Look how well its done in the JDPower survey! hint, its quicker if you start from the bottom
    How incredibly constructive of you.

How incredibly constructive of you.

Thanks!

Have a nice day. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

They remind me of a dog i had a few years ago. He got sick and lymphs in is head retained fluid and his whole head swelled.

Always reminds me of him when i see a multipla, they are rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Great car - i've wanted one for a while, but its out of my price bracket. Not too keen on the new style ones either....

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

The name sounds like a disease to me...if a car had elephantitis would it look like the multipla?
    Actually, I find them strangely attractive - maybe in a 'runt of the litter' kind of way.
    Shame that Fiat lost their nerve and performed liposuction on its face.
    If I was in the market for an MPV this would be my choice, provided the price was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

My prediction is that this will be the only classic people carrier in 30 years time.
    Possibly, though I wouldn't hold my breath (or keep it in storage :) ). There are parallels with the Fiat Coupe - a car with challenging looks that's eminently fit for purpose.

I think some pics are called for.
    Brace yerselves

26.jpg
    fiat_multipla_105_red.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

yummmy...

26.jpg

In case there's any doubt about the Multipla's classic status, let's not forget the Mk 1. Could this have been the first MPV?
    fiatmultipla.gif
    Source: www.microcar.org/carspecs/fiatmultipla.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I like the Mulitpla and will not brook any dissing! :D

Sure its looks (Mk 1) are different but it actual works wheras the 'improved' front end of the Mk 2 clearly does'nt.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The Multipla is easily the ugliest car I have seen in decades. I sure hope I will never have to buy an MPV. If I will and it has to be on a tight budget, I'd buy a Multipla JTD :)

@Freewing - it would be great if you could give us a monthly check-in listing the many many things that will undoubtedly go wrong with your non-german car. :rolleyes:

So if (when?) we don't hear from you - happy motoring! :D

PS: How much did you give for it and what mileage was on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

UberNewb wrote:
    :rolleyes:

and if you want to see how badly its done in the MPV category, it tops the charts in the last position!

Theres also a few Mercedes around the same sort of figures, avoid avoid. Bloody dodgy, cheap, no-reputation german tat. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

freewing wrote:
    i know i know ..
    i expect a lot of stick for this, whats worse its the 02 with the funny lights, however its a great car , 1.9td low mileage and i got it for a really good price. i only have it three weeks and i have put 2000mls on the clock. it takes six adults comfortably and has a huge boot. now let the sea of abuse begin :) . Eric

I am so exceedingly jealous of you. We were looking at them at the end of last year and couldn't get one that I trusted and the wife liked (it came down to the interior trim colour! :( ). In the end we got a Picasso petrol but I still gaze at Mult's, especially diesels in a very longing way. In fact its my Lotto car - the wife can keep the Pic, as long as I have my Mult diesel. If that makes me sad, fine. If that makes me the opposite of Uber Plonkers, all the better.

Enjoy it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

that thing is just wrong, but right in so many ways.

• Advertisement

that thing is just wrong, but right in so many ways.

Nice summary :)

i really didnt think it would spark this much attenion but i was asked for details
    2002 with 50000 onthe clock when i bought it and 52500 on it now
    no marks or dings
    inside was and is clean
    air con
    front and rear power windows
    multiple air bags
    tow hitch and power point
    alloys and roof rack and i paid about €13000 (if you include what my old car was worth as a trade in). brought it into FIAT and got it serviced and inspected came back with a clean bill of health :cool:

freewing wrote:
    i paid about €13000

That was a good price. Less than half the current list price for a 3 year old MPV. Typically an MPV depreciates less than a normal family car. I take it, it was a private sale?

nope i bought it in a aealers in tipp . they just dont sell too easily there and i think he was just glad to shift it, although i was a bit suspicious at first but my local FIAT dealer had no concerns

You've bought a great car at a super price - well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I think they should have called that the Picasso.

layke wrote:
    I think they should have called that the Picasso.

LOL :)

His works weren't much appreciated in his earlier years either. Classics later though, so maybe DS has a point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marygalvin

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Great car - i've wanted one for a while, but its out of my price bracket. Not too keen on the new style ones either....

Are you still interested in buying a Multipla? I'm selling an '02 with only 17,500 miles on the clock. It's metallic blue. Let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Is it this one? http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=293101

If so, I was admiring it earlier today and wondering why wasn't it for sale 8 months ago. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The older Multipla was by far a fab. car they killed it with the facelift.
    Good luck with it, I know three people who have them and wouldn't part with them. There a future classic no doubt.

Advertisement