Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

argos customer care?

• 13-09-2005 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i've bought quite a bit of stuff of argos latey.

they deliverd a chest of drawers last week, i was putting them together the other day, and there's loads of screws missing.

normaly, you'd ring up the place you bought this, and get them to sort it.

but whats the deal with argos, there doesnt seem to be any customer service, none that i can see anyway.

their site (irish one) has no customer service numbers, and their stores dont seem to have any, i doubt i'll get much help off the lackys behind the tills.

has anyone been in this situation?

i cant find receipt, but have delivery docket.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is there not a bunch of support nums in the back of the catalogue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'll have to chech this evening, can't find anything online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

And as far as I know every branch has a customer service desk... it always has very long queues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think they have a 16 day no fuss money back guarantee.
    Give the store a ring and, since they delivered it, they'll collect it from you for free (it states this in the back of the book).
    The store itself really is your first line fo customer help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Milo

Is there no number on the invoice that they gave you??

Parents bought a coffee table there a couple of months back and it came with the wrong bits so they rang a number they found on the invoice and Argos came out about a week later (at the time and date they said they'd arrive) took back the broken one and delivered a new one without any hassle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

cool, i'll give em a buz tomorrow.

i take it it's 16 days after you receive the item, and not 16 days after you've paid for it.
    Milo wrote:
    Is there no number on the invoice that they gave you??

Parents bought a coffee table there a couple of months back and it came with the wrong bits so they rang a number they found on the invoice and Argos came out about a week later (at the time and date they said they'd arrive) took back the broken one and delivered a new one without any hassle!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

paperclip wrote:
    cool, i'll give em a buz tomorrow.

i take it it's 16 days after you receive the item, and not 16 days after you've paid for it.
    I'm nearly sure it is.

Never had a problem with Argos, and i reckon there customer care is one of the best around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Same thing happened to me before. I emailed the maker of the item (their details should be on the assembly instructions) and 4 days later the missing bolts arrived in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I work at Argos, and take offence at being termed a "lacky". What makes you think that we're all stupid? just because we work for Argos? By the way the Argos website is for UK customers only.

Firstly, the store at which you made your purchase has a counter next to the collection counter called "Customer Service" or "Refund and Exchange". Here, they will arrange for the missing parts to be deilvered to you, if you bring in you delivery manifest. Alternativley, you can ring 1800 535 091, and quote your delivery number (top right hand side of your delivery manifest) and explain your situation, again, they will arrange for the parts to be sent to you, or for collection if you so wish. The 16 day money back guarantee does not apply when goods are missing parts or defective. Your statutory rights state that you are entitled toa full refund within 30 days. However this is subject to providing proof of purchase. And I know you dont have your receipt. The onus is on you, the customer, to keep this receipt in a safe place (just warning you for future reference), and therefore maintaining your guarantee with the seller. If you have your delivery manifest, this should suffice.

Have a nice day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oh hey Nightwish, while I have your ear, can you tell me what the cost of delivery of furniture items outside the dublin area costs? Only have a UK catalogue, but I know delivery charge isa different down here....much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

31.50 outside of Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nice one.

Advertisement