Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betis V Liverpool Tonight (may contain scores)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You were obviously glancing at the wrong moments. Liverpool put some of their best play together in the first half. Probably as good as any football they've played under Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Missed the match :( UTV had Chel$ki match on ffs :mad:
    Ah well, We Won :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

that betis team are a bunch of filthy divers, did you see lopez get "elbowed" by garcia, and Jaoquin dived when he saw a tackle on the other wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

We were good first half but the second was cat. Hyypia can read the game great but when he's playing catch up he way to slow. I thought Sissoko played well and is showing signs of getting better. Im well pleased with Crouch, he played quite well and showed some good feet and also slipped in the pass which lead to the second goal.

It looks like we started where we left off last season, back to back european cups anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It looks like we started where we left off last season, back to back european cups anyone?

Ahh not again! that would be sooooooooooooooo boring, I meanwho hasnt done that, oh yeah, most of the other winners :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

First half was great - and a lot of it stemmed from Crouch. I was surprised at how good he is with the ball at his feet. He looks the business. He held up the ball well and made some really excellent passes to Pongolle and Zenden. I'd say he was instrumental in both goals. For the first he mostly caused a distraction that allowed Pongolle his opportunity (which he finished rather excellently) - for the second he held up the ball extremely well before making a crucial pass.. leading to the goal.

Traore was a huge liability at the back - he showed no positional awareness and left Hyppia completely exposed numerous times. Hyppia and Carragher did quite well for the most part. Josemi was better than I expected - mind you in comparison to Traore anyone could look good.

Reina had a great game. Its the first time I've been really impressed with him.

Alonso is not the god a lot of people make him out to be. Apart from one match in particular last season (can't remember whihc one) where he dominated the passing and didn't put a ball wrong all match, he has had very mixed fortune in his passing. Gerrard is a more consistent passer.

Sissoko was good in parts. He is very good at the big dramatic tackle. He's not so good and containment and passing though, or even particularily getting forward for goals. Jury's still out.

Garcia had a very good game - caused a lot of trouble in the first half. Some great touches and pieces of skill. Great player on his day.

Zenden looks faily uninspiring, for the most part. I haven't seen him do anything which I thought was exceptional or inspired. Did have a hand in the second goal though.

Cissé was rubbish. He's a total whiner, if he doesn't get the ball he wants he throws his hands up in the air and gives dirty looks to the passer. When Betis got the ball back in their defensive third he made no effort to put them under pressure or to get back and help out. He just sauntered about up there waiting for divine intervention. He is a total prima donna - needs to be brought down to reality - he's not playing in the French league any more and he's not the "big man on campus".

Gerrard came on and did well. He was playing left of centre though - with Alonso more central. So a lot of play was bypassing Gerrard. Risse was better than Zenden when he came on - but that's not saying much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Cissé was rubbish. He's a total whiner, if he doesn't get the ball he wants he throws his hands up in the air and gives dirty looks to the passer. When Betis got the ball back in their defensive third he made no effort to put them under pressure or to get back and help out. He just sauntered about up there waiting for divine intervention. He is a total prima donna - needs to be brought down to reality - he's not playing in the French league any more and he's not the "big man on campus".
    I only saw the last 15 minutes unfortunately so I can't offer too much of a coment. One thing that stood out for me though was a chance where Cisse had a break and ran from midfield excellently in loads of space. He turned inside his man very well, seemed certain to get back on the ball before the keeper and it was shaping up an excellent opportunity, very well created by himself. The shot never came and he eventually played a crap pass to Garcia (I think it was) who was trying to support him. Keeper had come off his line and was probably stranded so the ball could have been slotted around him or over him.

Even if he missed I still would have been impressed with the way the chance was created - it was a big dissapointment that the whole buildup was wasted, I think he then tried to blame it on Garcia :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Liverpool are outclassed again but still manage to win.
    i was only glancing at it,
    So by your own admission you did not watch the match but you can make the above statement????
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

p.pete wrote:
    I only saw the last 15 minutes unfortunately so I can't offer too much of a coment. One thing that stood out for me though was a chance where Cisse had a break and ran from midfield excellently in loads of space. He turned inside his man very well, seemed certain to get back on the ball before the keeper and it was shaping up an excellent opportunity, very well created by himself. The shot never came and he eventually played a crap pass to Garcia (I think it was) who was trying to support him. Keeper had come off his line and was probably stranded so the ball could have been slotted around him or over him.

Even if he missed I still would have been impressed with the way the chance was created - it was a big dissapointment that the whole buildup was wasted, I think he then tried to blame it on Garcia :rolleyes:
    i would blame garcia for that cisse made a good run but garcia should have run right out wide and cisse could have made a simple pass for him to be clear on goal but instead of all that garcia decides to run accross the front of him wat a plonker that little **** is

• Advertisement

tel922001 wrote:
    i would blame garcia for that cisse made a good run but garcia should have run right out wide and cisse could have made a simple pass for him to be clear on goal but instead of all that garcia decides to run accross the front of him wat a plonker that little **** is

Ciise should have either shot before Garcia ran or used Garcias run that took a defender with him to make space, he gave a crap ball behind Garcia. If he didnt think Garcia was in a good position he should have held onto it. I mean he hammers the ball hard enough when he's one on one with the keeper 5 yards out so why he cant shoot from the edge of the box is beyond me. He's sub-par imo. Dont like him, hes a drogba esqu lumper. I think we've got the bums rush of the african style players over the last few years.

I know theyre french but they play like african player, Traore and Ciise are big gangly lumpers. Sissoko has a bit of the long legged new born foal about him too. Lets not forget Salif Diao.

How slow is Crouch btw? he was miles off the pace of the defenders. A guy with legs like his should be able to walk quicker than most run (exaggeration but you get the point) . Oh will someone please shoot zenden and give Riise his shirt back please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Stekelly wrote:
    Ciise should have either shot before Garcia ran or used Garcias run that took a defender with him to make space, he gave a crap ball behind Garcia. If he didnt think Garcia was in a good position he should have held onto it. I mean he hammers the ball hard enough when he's one on one with the keeper 5 yards out so why he cant shoot from the edge of the box is beyond me. He's sub-par imo. Dont like him, hes a drogba esqu lumper. I think we've got the bums rush of the african style players over the last few years.

I know theyre french but they play like african player, Traore and Ciise are big gangly lumpers. Sissoko has a bit of the long legged new born foal about him too. Lets not forget Salif Diao.

How slow is Crouch btw? he was miles off the pace of the defenders. A guy with legs like his should be able to walk quicker than most run (exaggeration but you get the point) . Oh will someone please shoot zenden and give Riise his shirt back please.
    yes fair point he should have had a shot from outside , but garcia should ahve peeled off to make him more room if he had any sense,traore made mistakes but cleared them up maybe with a bit of luck but he still got back and cleaned up , myabe crouch is slow but he done well for the second goal , he practically made it , he done all the hard work ,zenden is another subject altogether, i can understand why they took him on but hes do feck all ,

are u bitter cause we sold ye a donkey and u got hockeyd 4-0 nil on monday nite ? i seen the 'one time european champions' on the bottom of ur signature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Oh will someone please shoot zenden and give Riise his shirt back please.

Damn straight! The fact that both Zenden and Big Jim started ahead of him I find abominable. Jarne's a capital man, and indeed, the best player in the world.

Decent pass by Crouch for the second goal, am I along in thinking Sinama should have been playing behind Pete and the Retention Machine on the right? Pongolle played well, tracking back like a fiend and waving his dreadlocks magnificently. Decent goal too.

First time I've seen Joaquin playing, he did fig all in the first half, few decent runs and almost balletic dives in the second, but then it's hardly reasonable to judge a man on how he performs against Traore. He's said he wants to move to Liverpool recently, so unless Real feel the need to haemorrhage another 20 million it'd be nice to see him in Anfield next season.

tel922001 wrote:
    yes fair point he should have had a shot from outside , but garcia should ahve peeled off to make him more room if he had any sense,traore made mistakes but cleared them up maybe with a bit of luck but he still got back and cleaned up , myabe crouch is slow but he done well for the second goal , he practically made it , he done all the hard work ,zenden is another subject altogether, i can understand why they took him on but hes do feck all ,

Oh dont get me wrong, Garcia is a waste of space alot of the time. I just thought Ciise could have used what he did a bit better, kind of turn a mistake into an advantage kind of thing. If Garcia could play consistantly tat his best he would be some player.

tel922001 wrote:
    are u bitter cause we sold ye a donkey and u got hockeyd 4-0 nil on monday nite ? i seen the 'one time european champions' on the bottom of ur signature

Nah, I'm a liverpool fan, that was a response to lots of sigs that were changed during the summer, long story.

Mark wrote:
    Damn straight! First time I've seen Joaquin playing, he did fig all in the first half, few decent runs and almost balletic dives in the second, but then it's hardly reasonable to judge a man on how he performs against Traore. He's said he wants to move to Liverpool recently, so unless Real feel the need to haemorrhage another 20 million it'd be nice to see him in Anfield next season.

Thats why I was thinking Warnock would have been better, maybe would have put him over the advertising boards early on andbeen a bit more forcefull throughout. Doubt he would have liked actually being given a reason to go down. Not sure about him at Liverpool though, could turn into a Garcia, bit lightfooted for the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Goals here for those who missed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement