Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

most popular dj to boards.ie

• 13-09-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

there is alot of arguments , to which who is the best dj etc etc, now ther eis alot of different types of music so hopefully il hit most of the big ones and cover all areas.

best dj to boards 18 votes

tiesto
    0% 0 votes
    carl cox
    27% 5 votes
    john digweed
    16% 3 votes
    sasha
    0% 0 votes
    mylo
    11% 2 votes
    fatboy slim
    11% 2 votes
    timo maas
    16% 3 votes
    dave clarke
    0% 0 votes
    roger sanchez
    11% 2 votes
    danny tanaglia
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,584 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

None of the above. To be honest a poll like this is fairly pointless due to only having 10 options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Armin van bueren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

or dj shadow

Kevin Saunderson

Carl Craig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

why is it pointless there is so many arguments to who is the best and most favoured on this website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Are we talking technical or musically..... because Mylo is one of the worst technical DJ's ive ever seen.

Erol Alkan - Musically
    Sasha - Technically (His Ableton Sets.)

and for a pole like this to work, you are going to have to split it per genre ie. best Techno DJ, Best Electro DJ

Good luck with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Roddy23 wrote:
    Armin van bueren

Your best DJ and you can't spell his name right ?
    As others have said it's very difficult to pin this down as you'd need genre and music or technical ability.

I'd rate Zabiela as a top dj, both musically and technically.
    Clarke aswell.
    So many but you can't just have one best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Sasha - Technically (His Ableton Sets.)

sorry, but as an ableton user i find it hillarious that you use ableton sets as a mark of technical quality

its bloody dragging and dropping man

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

bens sims for me. but these polls are pointless

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I aggree. I thought it was gona be a poll on people who use boards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

and it's hardly a diverse selection of dj's either - all the same thud thud thud thud nonsense..... apart from fatboy slim who's just wack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

What............ ! No Dj Skull Fu.cker this is an outrage of a poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tiesto - Was impressed with his set at GGG... would definitely go to see him again.

Coxy - Prolly my fave off the list. he's a fairly dependable dj.

Digweed/Sasha - Their music lacks energy. it does little more than make me want to nod my head. one for the home stereo tbh

Mylo - respect him more as a producer than as a dj...

Fatboy Slim is complete muck tbh - both technically and tune wise.
    he doesn't bother doing any kind of beat mixing, just cuts across to the next tune. kind of surprising seeing as he gets all of his tunes repressed at a specific tempo... (or so the rumour goes) and his set at electric picnic sounded the same as his set from big day out... get some new tunes you baldy twat! you're getting paid enough!

Timo Maas - any livesets of his i've heard have been dull. can't fault his productions though.

Dave Clarke - fairly "meh" in all fairness. the livesets of his i have are far more interesting than the 2 times i've seen him live. must've caught him on off days or something...

Roger Sanchez - meh

Danny Tenaglia - much like sasha and digweed. someone i'd rather listen to at home than in a club.

DJ Sneak is my current fave - i was blown away by his set at electric picnic :)
    Hard dance wise, Justin Bourne, Paul Glazby and Ian M would be at the top of my list. would love to see Mark Maitland live as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

That is just a **** poll on so many different levels. Same old tired names and arguments. Why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

o hopefully il hit most of the big ones and cover all areas.

Are you taking the piss. You covered middle of the road house to middle of the road techno. Theres a bit more out there you know.

Advertisement