Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart BB And a Playstation 2

• 13-09-2005 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have a query on My BB with Smart,

At the moment I have it going direct to mys ps2 via 1 ethernet port and the other going to my laptop.
    I am only using one at a time but i notice that i am getting serious lag on online gaming on my ps2. Is there any special configuration i should have ??
    I have no idea of the insides and outsides of the router and no idea what specs would make it better.....but you guys seem to know your stuff on here so i thought id try..

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

Rafloution wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    Have a query on My BB with Smart,
    At the moment I have it going direct to mys ps2 via 1 ethernet port and the other going to my laptop.
    I am only using one at a time but i notice that i am getting serious lag on online gaming on my ps2. Is there any special configuration i should have ??
    I have no idea of the insides and outsides of the router and no idea what specs would make it better.....but you guys seem to know your stuff on here so i thought id try..
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers
    Rafloution,

The standard Smart configuration should be fine for gaming. What are your pings to www.boards.ie, www.jolt.co.uk, www.multiplay.co.uk, www.heanet.ie?

What does http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp say about your connection?

I don't have a PS2, but I've used my xBox on Smart BB with no difficulties.

Garfield.

Advertisement