Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing NTL Broadband connection

• 13-09-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi

I recently got NTL broadband there and I want to share it with 2 or more PCs. Could someone recommend a good router that works well with NTL?
    I have a cable modem with a coaxial connection.

Thanks,

4aces.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Pretty much any router that does NATing. Just make sure it isn't a DSL router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Yeah pretty much any router, i have a Sitecom xDSL/cable cable router and it works fine. Just make sure you don't buy one that is a DSL modem and router/4port switch, as some people have been known to make this mistake. I also have a D-link wireless router and this also work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

sorry to hi-jack this but I didn't want to open a new thread:
    Just got BT Broadband;
    One of those modems with usb and ethernet port. Can other ppl connect to BB by just using a switch?
    If so would it be a case of Internet -> PC (that needs to be on all the time for others to access) using USB
    There would be a network there already and I'd just have to set up a proxy or somthing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Sniipe wrote:
    sorry to hi-jack this but I didn't want to open a new thread:
    Just got BT Broadband;
    One of those modems with usb and ethernet port. Can other ppl connect to BB by just using a switch?
    If so would it be a case of Internet -> PC (that needs to be on all the time for others to access) using USB
    There would be a network there already and I'd just have to set up a proxy or somthing?

If you go Router -> Switch, PC -> Switch, OtherStuff -> Switch it will work.

Advertisement