Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Question

Options
  • 13-09-2005 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I am posting rapidshare links on a friends web-site, however we are using the free version so we cannot download more than so many mb in any given hour.

Since they track your IP addrs I got an idea to renew my IP addrs, but they still said that I had downloaded using my new IP addrs. Just wondering how they were able to able to see that I had switched my addrs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

What IP address are you changing? It might be that you are changing an IP address on your machines LAN but they can't see that anyway. They will be looking at the IP address your ISP is letting you out on. You will not be able to change this, it will either be static or will run on DHCP and probably be as good as static.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

If it's DHCP, disconnecting and reconnecting might change it. If you know someone with a Linux box, they could set up a transparent proxy that might get you bit extra. You could probably do it on Win too, but I don't know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Exactly as explained above - you'd need to change the IP address which RapidShare sees (If you were on dial-up - dialup again... use an open proxy,etc.)
    They may also set a cookie (I cannae be arsed checking)..

Workaround for RapidShare (I haven't tried it personally):

When You click on download Your files the countdown comes up, simply copy and paste one the codes below into the Address bar and click 'Go'

javascript: for (i=0; i<30; i++) { javascript:var counta = 0; var countb = 0; var countc = 0; var countd = 0; var counte = 0; var countf = 0; var countg = 0; var counth = 0; var counti = 0; var countj = 0; var countk = 0; var countl = 0; var countm = 0; var countn = 0; var counto = 0; var countp = 0; var countq = 0; var countr = 0; var counts = 0; var countt = 0; var countu = 0; var countv = 0; var countw = 0; var countx = 0; var county = 0; var countz = 0;} 

javascript:/var\s*(.*?)\s*=/i.test(document.body.innerHTML);for(i=0;i<50;i++) eval(%22f%22+RegExp.$1+%22()%22);

javascript: for (i=0; i<30; i++) { c(); } 

Advertisement