Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer Hunting

Options
  • 13-09-2005 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Is there any deer hunting clubs around Dublin/Wicklow or courses on deer stalking?

Thanks
    Kye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

Kye wrote:
    Is there any deer hunting clubs around Dublin/Wicklow or courses on deer stalking?

Thanks
    Kye

Contact Barry Coad in Coillte ,Newtownmountkennedy,Wicklow for details of their HCAP course. Sorry I don't have the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

more info here.
    Irish Deer Society

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Kye,

You could try these numbers too!

The Irish Deer Society , Leinster Branch

Contacts :
    Paul Hogan : Chairman

Joseph O'Neill : Vice Chairman

Ruth Carden : Science Division

Herbert O'Toole : Treasure
    01-6275372

Shar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 P226

Hi All,

The point of contact for the Leinster Branch of the Irish Deer Society is
    Paul Hogan the Correct Phone number for Paul Hogan is 087 621 1720.

The number in the previous posting is out of date. I hope this is of assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Kye wrote:

I suppose you wouldn't consider leaveing the misfortunate deer alone to live their lives unmolested, would you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Walt Disney has a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mick86 wrote:
    I suppose you wouldn't consider leaveing the misfortunate deer alone to live their lives unmolested, would you?
    It ain't always that easy y'know:

deer%20in%20car.jpg

deer2.jpg

I'd rather see the deer herds culled humanely and the meat used, than see that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

I suppose deer wouldn't consider leaveing the misfortunate Cars alone to live their lives unmolested, would they ?

Thankfully it wasn't a RHD car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

dont-feed-troll.gif

Sparks wrote:
    It ain't always that easy y'know:

I'd rather see the deer herds culled humanely and the meat used, than see that kind of thing.

That happened in Ireland did it? The deer are a danger to cars excuse has been used to cull Red Deer in Kerry, despite the fact that the Gardai said that dogs are more dangerous than deer on the roads. I suppose you are all up for a dog cull then.

• Advertisement

civdef wrote:
    dont-feed-troll.gif

Great argument. :D

Rovi wrote:
    Walt Disney has a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:.

So have the lads who lash out gun licences to the untrained .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Mick86 wrote:
    So have the lads who lash out gun licences to the untrained .

Why, who is untrained?

Mick86 wrote:
    I suppose you are all up for a dog cull then.
    He was worrying my sheep!

Now, now, everyone.
    Let's be nice to Mick86.

According to his biography, he's a 'Liberal-Fascist' soldier who likes to read a lot, and is therefore obviously the only one in this room professional enough (3.3MB wav file) to be allowed handle any sort of firearm.

We must show all due respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

BWHAHAHA....Man!!!WHAT A DMF!!!! :D:D:D
    Rule of Glock no 1 Keep your finger off the DAMN TRIGGER until you want to shoot.
    Anyway,it wasnt the Gardai that came up with that arguement it was the kerry deer preservation society[?].After Jackie Healy Rae junior was seen posing on de Examiner in the Summer with a rifle to gain political points about the untended kerry red deer herd becoming a traffic hazard.No loss anyway,that herd needs culling or new bloodAnd yes I would be for a dog cull as well there are packs of strays around here that really are becoming a health and public saftey hazard.Seeing that our Humane societies can only cope with so much strays.Maybe we should introduce mandatory backround checks and training for the untrained dog owners as well.

Advertisement