Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone look this up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I certainly didn't. It's amazing that people will complain about a simple corporate rebranding - the new logo (although I personally prefer the old one) is far superior from a marketing point of view, but we hear nothing about the Sports Bar being closed without consultation, +80% failure rates, dramatic changes in staff structuring without consultation etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

To be honest, I think whinging about the logo is a bit silly. There are worse things that could happen - whoever wasted their time on that needs a lesson in bridge building, because they need to get the fock over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I just wonder what prospective students will think...is it a typo? or are they just thick!!! UCDD is a fairly stupid rebranding but in practice i've yet to hear anyone say UCDD at all so in conclusion, meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I signed it.

The old logo was grand, the new one is frankly unimaginative, indistinctive and unintelligent.

Why are you having a moan at people who are prepared to get off their arses and do something about an issue, however small you may feel that issue is?

I hate the new crest, ergo I sign a petition to get rid of it.

Welcome to democracy, ladies and gentlemen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I didn't sign it, cos I like the new crest better than the old crest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Oooo! They won't like you sayin that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

didnt and wont bother signing it. I dont particularly like the new crest i prefer the old one but i dont think they'll change it back anyway so whats the point...
    very defeatist attitude i know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

DaveMcG wrote:
    I didn't sign it, cos I like the new crest better than the old crest.
    Tbh I prefer ppl saying this to those ppl who say "Oh my gawd, I totally hate the new crest" and then when you ask them to sign a petition to get rid of it they hmmm and haw and do f**k all.

First to be shot when the revolution comes, I say. Feckin Apathetic twaddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

thats very true seb! [i'm totally guilty of this!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oooo! They won't like you sayin that.

Aye, I'm waiting for someone to shoot me right now :D

(BTW, I'm in one of the computer rooms posting this :cool:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yes I signed it. I'm very often one of the guilty masses complaining about something while doing nothing, so i decided to do something this time.

The new crest is a cheap marketing exercise. Physically changing all the names of the buildings as well as rebranding the website and course materials must have cost an awful lot of money, money that could be better spent on bread-and-butter issues. The library, although doing a great job is chronically underfunded. Money for buildings is being spent on the wrong type of building - there are many costly white elephants like the William Jefferson Clinton auditorium and the NovaUCD centre. In physical terms a lot more could be done, the computer system is still not up to scratch for a modern university, the heating & a/c in the buildings still aren't great in places, some of the big theatres have awful sound systems and haphazard video and especially overhead projectors.

The new structures and modularisation have little in fact to do with one another, in contrast to the myth perpetuated by the college authorities that structural change was necessary in order for modularisation to take place. This is categorially untrue, as the whole idea of Horizons is to decouple one's actual course of study from individual departments. Therefore it doesn't matter exactly how those structures are implemented. Renaming of the buildings was also quite unnecessary for this to take place too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

SebtheBum wrote:
    Welcome to democracy, ladies and gentlemen.

UCD isn´t a democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

In fairness, it's just a logo. Who gives a shizzle? It's not going to change anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

In fairness, it's just a logo. Who gives a shizzle? It's not going to change anything.

Exactly.

Advertisement