Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vehicleweb.uk.com

• 13-09-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Has anyone ever heard of this company (vehicleweb.uk.com ). I am selling a car in Ireland and they called me up saying that they have potential buyers for my car but charge me 90 pounds before they give the buyer my details to contact me.
    Is this safe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

I'm going to guess its a scam There was a thread like this a while back Not sure what company was quoted though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭fits

SCAM....
    I think there was a watchdog episode devoted to them a while back, and if it wasnt them, it was a company who claimed to offer the same service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There was a piece on Watchdog this evening about an identical type of con, different company name but quite possibly the same shysters behind it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/reports/transport/transport_20050913.shtml

Stay well clear of anyone charging money for this kind of thing.

These days you are almost guaranteed that advertising a car for sale will generate far more calls from theiving scammers than potential buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Thanks for the link. It has definitely answered my question.
    It’s gas that they tell you the exact same thing. He said he had a buyer for my car that was willing to call around that evening to buy.
    Very tempting.
    Mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭HotRodDub

Steer clear, notice the way they say they have a 'match' for your car not a 'buyer'

The guy on Watchdog last night with the rally car who got ripped off is a good friend of mine. He brought the company to the small claims court and got his money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

And be prepared for loads of emails like this:
    Hi Eoin,

Ben Casten has the following message for you:

Hello and Good day,
    i am highly intrested in buying your vehicle for sale,i want you to get back to me with the asking price,present condition and also recent pics(if available)i want you to know that i will be making my payment with a certified cashier\'s check and also i will be taking care of the shipping.
    I look forward to read the above informations from you asoon as possible.
    Thanks...

Emailaddress: ben_casten@yahoo.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

i posted a honda civic coupe SR here a good few years ago, its since long gone, at less than its value. i would prob get more for it now than i sold it for

anyhooooo!

i used to get loads of (scamer) emails about the car, long after it was sold.
    i got one this week
    similar to above sh** and i replied

dude this car is sold about 3 yeras ago, funk off, have a nice day. :D

Advertisement