Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does your school do it?

• 13-09-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Ahem, not what you were thinking at first is it? :rolleyes:

What I really mean is How does your school give out the results tomorrow?

We got letters from our principal today saying that we'll have them at 12 tomorrow :mad: (Why not when we get there) and that we can leave @ 1 PM! :)

Oh, I'm so excited(High Pitched back-up singers to JB4E)And i just can't hide it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yore MA!!!

We get them at 2.30pm, and can leave whenever... I have no idea. Some time after that presumably.
    Have to do DATs beforehand, wihch is what causes the delay.

Apparently parents gave out that the students were off too early, because they got too drunk to early in the afternoon. Or so I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol i get them at 11:30 and leave school then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'll be getting mine shortly after 9 a.m and I can leave as soon as I do. The stupid thing is that we have to wear our uniform in for the 10 mins. or so that we'll be there. Still, I shant complain seeing as so many others have it worse off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I think we get them about 10:30 or there abouts and can leave when we get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

9.15, then we go home AND no uniform...YAY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 *Sam*

We get ours at 2.50PM! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Hmm, we have to wit till one, and then go at one fifteen....our usual time to go. So no special treatment for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

We get ours at 3:10pm...*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

3.10 pm. evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Darn evil school... And 3:10pm's the earliest we get the results, it could be 3:50! So cruel, making us wait... I thought though that schools weren't allowed hand out the results that early because of students and the whole drunken-rampage type thing that tends to happen...?

• Advertisement

lol if u went online it would be 4 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

It doesn't seem very fair at all...I'd hate to have to sit through a day of school knowing that other people already had theirs! I mean, it's good for me obviously, but wouldn't you think everyone in the country should get them at the same time?? You'd think there would be rules...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Get them about 11 and have Irish and double P.E before it so I dont mind. And we dont have to wear Uniform!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We are given a phone number to ring between 9:15 and 10:15. I have tried ringing it a few times but it is engaged, and looks like it will be for a while.
    I'll try ringing at around 10.
    And we get the day off school :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I get them at 11:15, I got off school today and I just go up and collect the results and the piss off. Tis great! Although if you havent given in the note that your parents arent coming with you then you have to wait until 1pm, because "Kids getting drunk in town".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

We didn't have any classes today & could come in whenever we wanted, but most people came in on their usual buses. We got the results at 10:30, & were actually asked to get out before the end of morning break, lol.

jennyq wrote:
    We didn't have any classes today & could come in whenever we wanted, but most people came in on their usual buses. We got the results at 10:30, & were actually asked to get out before the end of morning break, lol.
    lol a very welcoming school you have there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

We had classes till 2 o clock, then he talked on till 2:30 and we got them then.
    Then our principal bragged about how we were one of the last to get the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

We had our principal for Ag Science beofre morning break and he old s that we all had passed the JC(you know, the compulsory irish/english/maths etc) but one of us failed Irish. We were told that the results would be called after the break and we'd be called in alphabetical order to his office. I was first and when he sat me down I was so happy with my results that I asked him to repeat the Maths. I couldn't believe I got an A.

We all were assembled in the Metalwork room and we just left when everyone gto their results. Nobody from school even called us back. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement