Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky news

Options
  • 13-09-2005 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i was watching about the riots in belfast on sky news the other day and they had maybe five or six statements from random people and "experts". every one of them was saying things along the line of:

"its the only way they can get tony blair and the other mps to listen to them"

and

"they've seen it work for the republicans", essentially blaming the republicans for the riots of the loyalists.

the way i see the situation is the loyalists wanted to march down republican roads to commemorate a crushing victory over the people who live on those roads. when they were told that the republicans didn't want to commemorate it they threw the violent scumbag version of a childish tantrum. these are the people that sky news are supporting and making excuses for.

sky news is supposed to be news channel of the year every year but i've noticed a serious bias in their reporting of everything north related. has anyone else noticed this?

p.s. these people who wrecked the place because they weren't allowed march down republican roads for no other reason than to piss them off are the same people who protested five year old republican children walking down their road to school a few years ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sky News is tripe, BBC News is much better (unfortunately I cannot get RTE over here)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This is probably better suited on the media forum but you are correct. The Sky news take on Northern Ireland was just terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I watched it myself and they Actually seemed to have a sense of unity with those Loyalist terrorists. Such statements were made as early as today 13/Sept/2005. Absolutly diabolical, we are always referred to as the "Irish Republic" Why Grainne Seoige went with these hypocrites i don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sky are essentially encouraging other Chav types to get Tony Blair to listen to them as well.

Advertisement