Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP ! Possible Emergency

• 13-09-2005 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Ok, as you's may all know from my previous thread, My mother has just bought a 03 Megane Sport's Coupe 3 DR. Its all going good till we just noticed something. On the passenger's Side where the dash meets the floor in the middle, There is water by the looks of thing's leaking, Its coming from where all wires and all would be and its treakiling down the floor, This is a minor water leek, Not flowing but you can see the water there, It only happens when the Air Conditioning is on so i have just distinguished from me looking at the car. Before we bought the car there was a problem with the sunroof and it was sitting in the Car garage waiting to be sold, The problem was it didnt fully close, Me thinks there was possible water getting into the car... So the sunroof was fixed before we actualyl took the car but since we are using the airconditioning could it be condensated water leaking that may bethe problem ? OR is it normal after aircon hasnt been used in a few months before we bought this car ?

Please help me out, Quite worried here that we may have bought a Unreliabe renault, after all they aren't very reliable and i am worrying we may be begining to experience this.

PLEASE help, what should i do now ?

Thanks,

Hj

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭BrianD3

My own car (also renault) has air con and it does drip water from the underside when the air con is on. This is perfectly normal and is due to condensation. However I have never noticed water inside the car.

Have you checked that the liquid you saw isn't coolant? If it is, it will be a greeny colour and there will be a smell from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you probably have a blocked vent or dislodged vent pipe. the cold liquid passing through the aircon rad freezes the moisture out of the air and this is vented to the outside under the car normally. if it was coolant from your heater rad you would definitely smell it. when you see it next feel it and see if it's cold water as in almost freezing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Its hard to tell tempreture tbh, As its kind of in the carpet but its cold anyway, not hot water. Its definetly due to air con weather its Water build up from lack of use before we bought it or other problem's... Its not a huge amount of water, And its not green, or has no smell. So its not Coolant.

Any idea's ? :confused: Really gotta' get this sorted

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

It's almost certainly what greglo23 said, "a blocked vent or dislodged vent pipe." There'll be a pipe or something similar leading from your air-con to a vent in the firewall. This is probably not functioning correctly, and the condensation that normally forms a little puddle under the car when it's parked is now finding its way into the car interior.

Locate this pipe/vent, it's most likely the source of the trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Thanks alot guy's, I hope this isn't going to be a big job to fix ? My Mother's gonna' her the car up to Renault today. See what they think...

Hj

• Advertisement
Advertisement